Chatter

"What the hell is he talking about Drake?" Jade asked him for the thousandth time when they were safely put in their own train booth a good distance from Damien and the rest. Finally a time to talk without unwanted ears grasping at their every word.

"How am I to know, darling?" He asked, without so much as looking away from the window, "It won't be pleasant. I'll tell you that."

"But I still can't believe that the younger Damien wants me dead," she insisted, leaning over, trying to catch his attention. He didn't seem to understand the severity of it all.

"Come on, Jade," he said, slamming his fist on the table completely startling her and making the vase of flowers tip over so that a steady stream of water cascaded over the edge of the table. "Stop being an idiot! He's even admitting to it and if anyone knows for sure . . . he does!"

Jade pursed her lips, staring at him, he had hesitated. There was something that he was keeping from her and it was barely hidden. Flashes of the train ride to Monorail flew in front of her eyes. "Drake," she began slowly.

Finally he turned to look at her, "I didn't want you to know, but especially not him so I didn't tell you," he began, "but when you wrote your name on that bench I saw it being written. You must be changing the past. So Damien can't know what he does to you tonight because so far you haven't been there. Why the hell he's playing along as if he doesn't think you can change the past, I haven't a clue, but there it is."

She stood up, hands in two tights fists. How could he have kept something that important from her? Lied to her face about it. Shaking her head at her own shock, she opened the booth door.

"Where are you going?" He sighed with not even so much as a hint of guilt, but rather sarcasm. "To Damien?"

She slammed the door behind her as hard as she could, making a few of the passengers in the hall turn their heads to stare her down. It didn't bother her. Hardly anything did anymore. However, she did catch herself turning around to glance back at the booth as she walked further away, half expecting Drake to be coming after her. She blushed from embarrassment as well as anger and continued to storm down the blue carpeted hallway, until she was at Damien's booth ratting on the door with her fist.

"Who the hell is it?" Amon, growled as he opened the door enough to slip his head through and see who it was. Where upon he growled, "Oh," and then shut the door again.

After some muffled grunts and banging and crashing noises the door opened again, but this time it was Dane, "Forgive him, darling he's still in a mood."

She looked past Dane and Amon who was sulking in the corner by the window. "Where's Damien?"

That brought Amon's head up and as well as an uneasy cough from Dane, "Uh - preoccupied."

"Yes," Amon smiled, "that is the gentle way of putting it."

Dane rolled his eyes, "Come on in."

He closed the door behind her as she scooted over the window so that she was sitting parallel to Amon, who was staring at her as if he could kill her with his eyes alone. Sighing she leaned back and looked around. The two of them must have been playing chess because there was an expensive board set up on the table. The pieces were made of shining gold and silver and the king and queen's crowns were even studded with little jewels.

"Do you know how to play?" Dane asked her as he sat down beside her. "If you'll play with me I'll go easy on you."

"No, but I've seen Damien play enough," as she crossed her arms across her chest. It was freezing cold in their booth. Looking to her right she found the reason. Amon had the window cracked open, letting small flurries of the snow blizzard outside blow in. She glanced at Amon questioningly.

He shrugged and muttered, "I like the cold and if it bothers you that's just a plus."

"Juts close it," Dane sighed, "it is cold, brother."

Amon pressed his lips together and gave Dane a murderous glare, but did close it. "You weren't cold before she got here," he growled to himself, keeping his stoney eyes on Jade.

"It's your move," Dane gestured to the board with a hand.

"I don't feel like playing anymore," he hissed, folding his ams across his chest, defiantly.

"Fine," Dane said, "where's Drake, Jade?"

"Back in the booth I suppose," she shrugged, "I couldn't care less."

"Better, fix that attitude before we arrive," Amon commented, giving Jade a smug smile.

"Oh, shut up!" Dane said, "you're sure one to talk! You drove Damien out of here with your attitude."

"Did not," Amon replied, "that isn't why he left at all."

"You're probably right" Dane smiled at Jade, "why did you leave Drake dear?"

"Because he was being an ass," she muttered. Why were they talking about this? She might as well have stayed with Drake than talk about it with Amon and Dane.

"But when is he not," Amon laughed to himself, picking up one of the heavy chess pieces and trying to balance it on the rim of his glass.

"When are you not?" Jade barked at him, making him drop the piece into his glass where it sunk beneath waves of purple wine. He stared at her blankly.

"Enough," Dane sighed, "I'm sorry I brought up the name again."

"I'm not terrible to you all of the time," Amon grumbled to himself as he plunged his fingers into the glass, fishing for the lost piece.

Dane stifled a laughed as well as Jade, "You're almost as bad as Damien half the time."

"And the other half," he looked up at her through narrowed eyes.

"You," she hesitated, "you were nice to me when you didn't think I knew who you were."

He took the piece out of the glass and set it on the table with a thud. "I suppose I see your point."

"Jade," Dane cut in, "you should know that when you were brought back six months ago. Damien wasn't going to keep you locked in a room. He had a dungeon already picked out. He never even wanted to lay eyes on you again. You would've rotted away in that dungeon completely forgotten."

"And why didn't he?" Jade sighed. She hated it when he made her ask the obvious question.

"Because I told him it was too cruel," Amon answered for himself with a grunt. "Honestly, the things that run through his head sometimes even make me shudder."

"Oh," she muttered. She would have said more, but she was desperately trying to keep out Drake's thoughts. However, it seemed that he was trying just as equally to get into her head. The pressure was building in her temples, a dull throbbing pain. She sighed slowly dozing off.

"Jade are you sure you don't wanna play?" Dane asked her, but she didn't hear him as her dreams washed over her eyes.

My favorite movie above, with a piece of it's amazing soundtrack.