A Crazy Daydream

What the hell is it? She finally gave in to Drake's thoughts.

Tell my uncles that their brother is about to kill a man outside my booth!

Frowning she looked up at Dane. "I thought you said Damien was preoccupied."

"He is," Amon responded, "why do you ask."

"Preoccupied with whom?" She asked.

"You thought that he was fooling around with some girl didn't you," Amon smiled.

Jade returned the sarcastic smile. Yes, she had, but hadn't he led her to believe that? "Drake says he's about to kill whomever he is speaking with."

The smile melted from Amon's face and he immediately shoved the door open and scrambled out into the hallway. Dane stood up to follow him, but Jade grabbed his arm to say, "Wait is this actually serious? He'd kill a man on a train, in the open?"

"Jade," Dane said irritably, trying to yank his arm free, "he has been fit to be tied ever since he found out about your lie. I don't know what he'll do. I don't trust him right now."

She followed him as he rushed down the crowded train away, weaving his way through the people until they had finally caught up with Amon.

"Well where the hell did he go then?" He shouted at Drake, who he had pinned to the door of the booth.

Drake glanced at Dane and Jade and then shoved Amon away from him so that he could speak to Dane, "He's in one of those booths. Who is he with exactly?"

"Don't you already know," Amon growled as he began going though each of the booths, opening their doors and slamming them shut without a word when he didn't find Damien, "you two have met before."

"Ah," Drake grinned, "I didn't realize . . . it's been a long time."

"This isn't the time for chit-chat," Dane scolded them. "We need to act quickly."

"I have an idea," Amon smiled as he shut a fourth door. He grabbed Jade's arm and jerked her towards him quickly. He reached into his pocket with his other hand and pulled out a sharp knife too quick for anyone to do anything. He put the blade to the inside of Jade's arm where the scratch that read Petra was still healing, but before he could act a hand had grabbed Amon's arm and gently took the blade from his white knuckled hands.

Jade could feel the body of whoever was behind her, pressing against her back as he reached over to take Amon's right arm and open his grip so that Jade could free her arm. "What are you doing?" Damien's cold voice sounded out.

"You're sleeves are covered in blood," Amon snapped.

"Well, then," Damien replied as icily as ever, placing his hands on Jade's shoulders "it's a good thing that no one in this hallway is paying attention to a single thing happening around them."

"Damien," Dane said quietly, "where's the body."

"Oh, it's taken care of," he smiled quickly without even glancing in Dane's direction, but squeezing tighter on Jade's thin shoulders breathed, "tell me exactly why you weren't in that booth with Drake."

"She was with us," Amon growled as he glanced around the shifting people wearily, "let's move before we attract any attention."

Damien nodded and let his hands slip to the center of her back where he pushed her forwards. He didn't want her in the booth with Drake any more. "Go on back," he muttered to Drake. "We're finished here."

"And what about her?" He asked stepping forward rather than back into the booth.

Damien smiled to himself, "Well I suppose that I was just making presumptions, but Jade would you rather spend the next hour with him and then the entire trip or would you rather an hour's break before it all begins."