At the palace

"Hey," A voice cracked open her dreams, making her open her eyes to the barely lit room. "Get up, today's Damien's day."

"Drake," she moaned rolling over onto her face, "what time even is it?"

"Like seven forty-five, dear, but come on," he ushered her, "we haven't got forever and you are walking a thin line with the man as it is. Do you seriously want to risk falling?"

"Making amends," she muttered half angrily and then sighed. She would listen to Dane's advice because she wasn't a selfish person. She just wasn't. She knew that.

"Yes, yes," he said soothingly, but in an overwhelmingly sarcastic way.

"Breakfast," she mumbled into the pillow.

"On the schedule, Jade," Drake growled, impatiently, "you now have precisely five minutes before we leave."

"Mph," she sat up and looked at Drake with a drained expression. "How on earth are you so awake?"

"Yes, three hours wasn't much sleep was it?" He smiled with a shrug. "I can cope with one sleepless night, but Damien on the other hand . . ."

"Dear God!" She shouted, beginning to wake up more. "That man is never in a good mood is he?"

"Rarely," Drake replied bitterly. "We need to go unless, you want him in a worse mood. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he was calm. He did shake off a lot of his pent up anger last night, didn't he?"

She sighed and slipped out of bed, "Let's go."

That made Drake burst into laughter, "No way," he roared, "there's no way Damien will let you go around with him looking like that!"

"I don't give a-" She stopped herself glancing at a mirror hanging on the wall and biting her lip stormed over to her closet and ripped a dress from the hanger, slipped into it and tore a brush through her hair a few times, "better?"

"It'll have to do," Drake tilted his head at her with a frown.

He guided her downstairs, where Damien was casually leaning against the wall, watching the smoke dance through the air streaming up from the cigar resting in his right hand. His eyes lazily traveled onto Drake and Jade and with a sigh he stood up straight, "I said seven didn't I?"

Drake scowled at his father, "Yes, you did. What of it?"

Damien rolled his eyes, "Whatever, come on. We're far beyond late and the carriage is waiting outside."

Drake turned towards Jade wearing a smirk. This should be interesting, love. Keep your eyes open.

She rolled her eyes as well and followed Damien out the door. The world outside was grey and rainy and miserably humid. She scowled at the smell of rain, knowing her hair would frizz into a mess. Damien opened the door to a red carriage sitting only a few feet from the door, motioning for Jade to step inside and so with a heavy sigh she slipped by him, but before he'd let her go he grabbed her shoulder, "Please, don't make a scene, my darling."

She shot him a glower, "Not forcing me?"

"Just get in," he sighed, shoving her by the small of her back.

She stumbled into the carriage landing on the floor knees first. Her hands were in two extremely tight fists. She stood and then sat down on the velvet cushioned seat to notice a middle aged woman and young man sitting in front of her. Neither seemed like they were shocked that she had been shoved into the carriage and neither seemed like they would ask her if she was all right. Drake stepped into the carriage and smiled at the two, "Well, well."