A Knife

"Wear this one," Amon said handing her a rather revealing evening blue gown.

"Isn't it just dinner," she muttered.

"Yes," he answered, laying the gown on her bed, "but there'll be guests."

"Who," she asked, tracing her fingers over the shimmering material of the dress.

"Our sister," he said, playing with a loose button on his shirt.

"I didn't know you had a sister," Jade responded. She wondered if she'd be cold like Damien or have half a heart like Dane. "How old is she?"

"We're twins,"

"Right," she muttered absentmindedly, so she'd be evil, "anyone else?"

"I'm pretty sure, she's bringing her fiancee, which Damien won't appreciate," he said handing her a pair of silver slippers studded with diamonds.

She took them and flicked her wrist back and forth, watching the gems sparkle, "Why's that?"

"Damien's a bit protective of her," Amon replied with a sigh. "Look, Jade you wouldn't remember her even if you did remember who you were, but the two of you sort of have a history."

Jade lifted her eyes from the shoes and laid them in her lap. Raising an eyebrow, she silently told him to continue.

"When you were six or so you lived here with Damien and after a year Blair came back to live with him as well and you two didn't get along, at all. You kind of set her hair on fire and pushed her down the stairs among other things."

"Why?" Jade asked, confused. That didn't sound like something she would do at all. She still was more intrigued at how now that she supposedly had amnesia she was learning more about herself than she ever had in all of her time with these people.

"I dunno, I'm just warning you since nobody else will," he shrugged and continued to say, "you better get dressed its almost time."

Then he walked out the door, leaving Jade feeling anxious and more alone than ever.

Long dark black locks of hair, perfect skin, deep blue eyes that twinkled like stars, and more fine jewelry than Jade had ever seen in her life described Blair. She smelled of roses, wild flowers, and spring and there was always a smile hidden in the corner of her mouth. She looked so similar to Amon and yet their resemblance came nowhere near Damien and Drake's.

However, with Amon, Dane and Blair all sitting before her, Jae couldn't help but notice that the three of them looked like siblings. They hall shared very similar facial features, those light blue eyes and dark hair. Damien was the complete opposite of the three of them with his blonde hair and caramel brown eyes. Were they actually related?

"You look familiar," Blair said in her sweet accented voice. Jade wondered where she had been living for most of her life. "But I can't remember exactly who you are."

"Blair you remember Jade," Dane replied, laying a reassuring hand on his sister's shoulder. She was wearing a white dress made of willowy material that seemed to swirl around her even when she wasn't moving.

"Jade," she said slowly and then lifted her eyes to Jade's. Suddenly they changed from soft to colder than ice, "Oh, you."

"Blair, she doesn't remember you, all right. So there's no need for grudges," Amon stepped in.

"I've just come to see Damien, that is all," she gave Jade another cold look and walked past her towards the door and stood there waiting. "Well?