Wishing I Could Touch You- Chapter 25

Chapter 25

                Draco quickly made his way out of the potion masters shop. He was in a hurry to get back to Anna. The thought of her being left alone in his closet and someone finding her made his stomach clench and ache. He rounded a corner and headed down an alley way to where his family’s car was parked and nearly ran over someone, “Watch where you’re going,” he sneered, looking up into the anxious face of Professor Remus J. Lupin.

                “Draco, I need to speak with you,” the Professor said desperately.

                “I’m sorry Professor, but I really must be going,” Draco said hurriedly, trying to go past him.

                “Please Draco,” Lupin’s voice filled with pain. Draco couldn’t help but stop when he said it, “Annabelle was snatched and taken from me by your aunt Bellatrix and Fenrir Greyback. Please you must help me find my daughter,” he looked as if he were almost in tears and it made Draco very uncomfortable.

                “I don’t know what you think I can do?” Draco said roughly, turning to go.  He knew Anna was safe for now, but he couldn’t just tell Lupin.

                “Draco, I know she cares for you. I just want my daughter back safely,” Lupin cried out behind him.

                “Look,” Draco turned, looking him in the eye, “Anna is safe for now and that’s all you need to know, so please don’t try anything foolish. I promise you she will be at the train station in time to return to Hogwarts, so just make sure her things are onboard the train,” Draco walked away leaving Lupin with a surprised look on his face.

                Draco had been gone for more than a few hours and luckily no one was in the manor when he made it home with his bag full of things and ran upstairs to his room. He opened the closet door and saw nothing until he reached down and moved the invisibility cloak. Anna was still asleep, lying on her side with her hand tucked under her chin, her dark midnight hair fanning out on her pillow. Draco put his hand to her flushed cheek; she was still feverish. He quickly took out the wolfsbane potion, pouring the amount the potion master had told him into a small cup. He helped Anna sit up. Anna was still half out of it and somewhat delirious, talking about things that made no sense to him, but he was able to get her to swallow down all of it.

                Draco hated leaving her there in his closet on her make shift bed, but he couldn’t move her to his bed until tonight when everyone else was sleeping.

                Anna woke up to darkness. At first it freaked her out and she was wondering if she’d died. But she felt like crap and was achy, and she didn’t think dead people felt pain anymore.  At least she was coherent and all the terrible dreams and visions were gone. Anna vaguely remembered Draco forcing her to drink down something. It must have been the wolfsbane potion, because she could feel it taking effect, clearing her thoughts and the sick feeling was starting to go away. Anna slowly sat up; pulling the cloak Draco had used to shield her off. She felt filthy, having had no bath and spending half the night on the nasty dungeon floor. Anna could see a faint light coming from under the closet door. Anna stood up slowly peeking out. It was dark except for a single candle burning beside Draco’s bed; Draco was nowhere to be found. Anna saw Draco’s bathroom door open and headed in there, using the candle to light the others on the wall. There sat a huge claw foot tub. It couldn’t hurt to take a quick bath, Anna thought.