25

Louis's POV

I feel a person run into me. Oh course it had to be Phoebe. She looks up embarrassed, moving away from me as quickly as possible. Harry gives me a look, but his eyes shift to Phoebe. I notice why. Now, normally Phoebe wears a sweater or some simple kind of thing like that, but here she was, in some tight strapless top and a leather jacket. For some reason the way Harry looked at her bothered me. His eyes were all over her and he was getting ready to feed her compliments.

"That's a different shirt." Harry says stupidly, while I still stare at Phoebe.

"Rebecca's idea." She groans and I almost laugh.

"You look hot." Harry says and Phoebe laughs.

"You look nice." I finally use my words and smile at her.

"Thanks." She smiles back.

"Well, you guys ready?" Rebecca asks. I see Phoebe nod and soon enough, the two girls are way ahead of us, talking or gossiping about something.

"She looks hot!" Harry says in a whisper.

"Leave her alone. Don't try anything on her birthday." I say. I don't want to sound overprotective, but I still don't want Harry with her. He's not a bad guy, but I just don't want them together.

"I'm not going to steal your girlfriend, don't worry Louis." He says and my face heats up.

"Shut up." I snap. He just chuckles at me.

Alright, so I'll admit I'm attracted to Phoebe. There's no hiding that. It's just the fact that she doesn't feel the same way bugs me. I don't want her with Harry because then I have to see them together. I wouldn't mind being with her. She just confuses me. Like today, I moved closer to her on the couch and she didn't move. I mean I was resting my head on her shoulder, I was so close. Then she just got up and left out of nowhere. So, I left her alone, and hoped she regretted being so closed off toward me. She didn't. Then she left, but before she did she was thinking about something and then she blushed! Two seconds after, she was gone.

"Are you going to get in or just stare at the door handle?" I hear Rebecca say.

"You already lost shotgun." Harry says. I see that Rebecca is driving and get confused.

"She's the only person the knows where to go, so I'm riding in front to know where this place is." Harry says. He's doing this on purpose, so I sit in back with Phoebe.

"So, what'd you do today?" Rebecca asks.

"Went ice skating and to Chipotle. I watched a scary movie." Phoebe says plainly.

"New bracelet?" Rebecca asks. Of course she had to point out the bracelet.

"Yeah. I love it." Phoebe says. Her voice is no longer plain, but kind of happy.

"Louis fell on his ass on the ice and another time I thought he broke his face." Phoebe says and everyone starts laughs, even me.

"It wasn't that bad!" I say and she laughs even harder. I smile knowing that I made her laugh.

"So, who's driving us home tonight?" I ask.

"I am." Rebecca says.

"Alright. Don't need any accidents tonight." I say and notice Phoebe get a bit icy. She must still be freaked about the other day. I nudge her shoulder and she shakes her head.

"I'm good." She whispers.

"Hey, we're here!" Rebecca tries to lighten the mood. I look up and see the bar is called Illuminate. Why?