19

Louis's POV

Harry was coming home today and he got to skip the meeting with Simon and the other boys. We had to discuss the album sales and how out ratings are. It usually consisted of reading off random statistics and reviews. I didn't mind it. I just didn't want to go so early in the morning. It was five and I was reading out the door. Too early, if you ask me. I'm sure Liam was already there and Niall shortly behind him. Zayn was one to show up just a minute late. Harry wasn't even going to be there today. I was always late and I was going to be about ten minutes late this morning. Oh well. Thursday is a stupid day for a meeting anyways.

"Late Louis." Simon calls.

"Sorry." I say and he looks up at me funny.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing. So, you want to hear the reviews?" He asks.

"Mostly good or bad?" Liam asks.

"Well, Billboard loved you. They said five out of five stars. People said four and a half out of five, Us said it is an improvement and more relatable than the last two, Slant bashed us with a four out of ten, and Piers Morgan gave it a thumbs up." he reads off a scribbled list.

"Mostly good." He says and looks up at us.

"So...how are our competitors. You know, people that released the album around our time?" Zayn asks.

"Blew them away. They're eating our dust." Simon says.

"All I can say is great job. Now, the tour doesn't kick off for a few months and you've already done the Saturday Night Live bit..." He trails off in thought.

"You're good to go." He says after a minute of reading papers and writing things down. We are all out the door in a matter of minutes.

"Some news!" Niall says excitedly.

"Yeah, I can't believe how good it's going. I was so nervous they weren't going to like it as much, but they loved it." Liam says. I'm still tired, so I drone out their cheers and excitement.

"Hello Louis?" A voice asks and waves in front of my face. Liam.

"Sorry, I zoned out." I say. I don't even remember what I was thinking about. I need to go home and go to bed.

"I asked if you were going home for Christmas." Liam says.

"Oh. I'm not sure yet." I say. I realize I'm in the lobby of the building now.

"Well, you're always welcome at my place. My mum wouldn't care. I didn't know if you wanted to go home and have the whole family find out about Eleanor." He says.

"Yeah, that's why I'm debating it." I say and he nods.

"Well, think about my house. My mum wouldn't mind having you." He says.

"It's alright." I say.

"See you later." He says and heads out the door. Only then do I realize that Christmas is a week away. Shit. What am I going to get everyone? Do I need to get anything for my family? What about Phoebe or Rebecca? I'll make Harry help me. What should I get him, though? Maybe I should forget taking Harry with me. What if I took Phoebe? I mean, she could probably help with the girl's presents. Then I could get Rebecca something and then maybe find out what Phoebe herself wants.

*

"No." She replies and I frown. I really need her help and she's being so stubborn.

"It's one day. Maybe you could get out early instead?" I offer. I was trying to get Phoebe to skip work. It wasn't working. She sighs at me.