12

Phoebe's POV

Louis and I leave the book store. I feel so bad for Dean. He loves his store so much. I feel awful now because he came in to see me bored and sitting on the counter. It is Saturday, though. I hope he remembers that that's usually our slow day. We get more business during the week, surprisingly enough.

I was happy to get out of there, though. He whispered in my ear that the boy in front of me was a real charmer and that he seemed to fancy me. I had to shake my head before he could get any more ideas. No way Louis fancied me. I just had to forget what Dean had said. I had Dylan, anyways. There wasn't a chance that I would cheat on him.

"You wanna drive somewhere?" Louis asks and I blink over to focus on him.

"Rebecca has the car." I say.

"And I have Harry's. I'm a pretty good driver, too." He says and I shake my head.

"I don't know if I can trust you in a car for any amount of time." I say and he laughs.

"You'll be fine, c'mon." He says and I follow him to Harry's car. I begin to get nervous as we reach the vehicle. I've never been one to openly accept rides. I prefer to drive myself.

"Phoebe?" Louis asks.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Are you going to get in?" He asks.

"Yeah, I guess." I say and hop in the passenger side. He starts the car and the ignition makes me jump.

"Phoebe?" He asks.

"I just get nervous in cars." I say and look out the window.

"Why?" He asks.

"Just never liked them." I tell him.

"Oh, well you're fine with me. I've been driving for years." He says.

"So have I." I point out and he laughs.

"How about some music?" He asks and I nod.

"You ever hear any of our songs?" He asks.

"The ones that come on the radio." I say.

"This one is one of my favorites." He says and turns on the station. A song comes on and after about thirty or so seconds I guess the title is Midnight Memories. I keep my cool until one of the boys sings something about skinny jeans. I find myself laughing lightly.

"What?" Louis asks and looks over to me.

"Five foot something with the skinny jeans?" I question the lyrics.

"Oh shut up. Its a fun song." He says.

"It's catchy. How about a different song?" I offer to give the band another chance.

"Do you like music a bit slower?" He asks and I nod.

"How about Half a Heart?" He asks and I shrug. He skips to it.

"If that guy sounds like that in real life, then he has my vote." I say and he nods.

"That's Zayn." He says and I nod.

"Here's my part." He says. I connect his normal talking voice to the song.

"Not bad Louis." I tell him and he smiles.

"This song reminds me of her." He says sadly.

"Well, don't let it." I say and switch the radio off.

"Hey does Harry have one of those plugs for music?" I ask and he shrugs. I take out my phone and look around for an extension. Once I find it, I plug the phone in.