27

Louis's POV

I can't believe Harry got her to come. That curly bastard got her to come. I waited until I heard her door slam to jump off of the couch. I hugged Harry tightly. My eyes may have even been a bit watery. Okay, this is crazy, really exciting and crazy.

"Get off." He groans making me laugh. I sit back down like nothing happened.

"Thank you." I say sincerely.

"No problem. Now, we have to go dress shopping." Harry says.

"She's worth it, I swear. I still can't believe she said yes!" I say. My grin is huge. I get to take Phoebe out to the movie premier. This night will be amazing. It has to be.

*

"I still can't believe you got her to do this! This will be my best birthday ever guys!" Rebecca says happily next to Harry in the front seat.

"I'm right here. Stop talking about me like I'm not." Phoebe says and I smile at the girl.

"We're going to look lovely!" Rebecca tells her.

"Plus you'll get to meet a few of our friends." Harry says.

"Like who?" She asks. Harry gives a small list of random people, but misses one group that Phoebe will actually freak about.

"Coldplay." I say once he stops. Her eyes go wide and snap in my direction.

"I swear to god, if you're lying, I'm not going!" She yells and I laugh.

"You're serious?" She asks. Her grin is huge and it's currently directed at me.

"You probably won't get a picture or anything, but you will get to shake their hands and probably say hi." I tell her. I've never seen her actually go a bit loopy over people before.

"I'm definitely going now." She says, earning a laugh from everyone in the car.

"Only five days until you meet them. We can't make any real promises you'll see them, but they are going as far as we know." I say.

"This is amazing news." She says and smiles.

"I'll take you to a concert next time they come around." I whisper. She smiles at me.

"I'd love to go." She says and looks back out the window. We make our way to the mall. Rebecca races into the first dress store she sees, dragging Phoebe by her arms into the place. Harry and I follow, sitting down on a bench while we wait. This is going to be an awful experience for the both of us.

*

Harry and I finally get home around 8 and the day wasn't as miserable as I thought it would be. The girls had fun trying on all the dresses. Even Phoebe had a bright grin on her face. Harry was going to begin teasing me any second now. I could feel it.

"Nice date today with Phoebe?" He asks.

"Yeah, you and Rebecca crashed it." I say and he chuckles.

"Do you have feelings for Rebecca?" I ask him.

"No, we're just friends. I'd never like her that way." He says and I frown.

"She's not interested in me anyway. I don't mind." He says truthfully. It seems that someone else is on his mind other than Rebecca.

"So, just a few days now until the movie premier. Ed will be happy to see you. Is he bringing a date?" I ask him.

"I'm not sure. He's not with anyone right now." Harry tells me.

"Well, we have our dates." I say happily to him.

"No, you have a date. I have a girl I'm taking so your date comes." He points out and I laugh.

"Alright, that's true. At least you have someone to go with, too." I tell him.

"Yeah, I'm happy." He says and heads into the kitchen.

"Want to order Chinese?" He asks.

"That's all we ever eat." I whine.

"So go ask your girlfriend to make you something." Harry says.

"She's not my girlfriend." I say flatly. She probably never will be, so I just have to spend what moments I can being close to her.

"She likes you. I'm not sure if she really knows she likes you, but she does. She just looks at you differently and you're a softie when she's around." He teases.

"I am not." I tell him. He rolls his eyes.

"So, what are we eating?" I ask him.

"I could order a pizza?" He offers. I could go for that. I haven't had pizza in ages seeing we have to eat healthy on tour.

"Sounds good." I tell him. He tosses me the phone and I find the pizza place menu in the coffee table drawer. The number rings and I order ourselves a small pizza.

*

"We never get to eat pizza anymore. I love it." I tell Harry and he bobs his head in agreement. His mouth and face are covered in sauce. I chuckle and go back to my slice.

"That's a good look for you." I tell him after I take a bite. He rolls his eyes and finds the nearest napkin.

"Well, I'm happy to be eating pizza. I hate the tour diet. Remember the night I puked because of all the oatmeal? I was starving and they told me all I could have was oatmeal and water. The assholes didn't want me breaking out on tour." He says angrily.

"Yeah. The only way we got junk food was when Paul or one of the girls would sneak us some on stage. Eleanor always used to bring us Chinese food." I recall and frown.

"I hate not being able to just go into McDonald's and order myself a large fry." He says and I laugh.

"We should have gone there!" I tell him and he smiles.

"I remember when the five of us could go anywhere we wanted together. Now, we're lucky if two of us can go out in public together." He says. He's right. The five of us used to go to the beach, out for fast food, play football in open parks, and just walk down the street. Now we have to be careful.

"Remember when we used to play football against random people in the park?" I ask him.

"Yeah, that was always fun. You and Niall used to kick ass." He says and I laugh.

"Well, now we get to play in stadiums against one another. I guess that's one big improvement." I point out. We got to play football in the Red Bull Stadium and it was amazing. The job definitely has it's perks. I know I shouldn't really complain, but it's hard not to miss small freedoms. I wouldn't give this up for the world, even though this job makes things harder.

Honestly, the job is part of the reason Eleanor and I broke apart. Months had passed with no contact. We had been insanely busy with everything from the movie making to the album editing, we had no time for breaks or home. She just seemed so far away and I thought the break would make things a bit easier for her. It made things worse and I think she grew to dislike me over that time. Now, she had Stan to keep her and I miss her. I miss her less now that Phoebe distracts me, but I still do think of her. I wonder how she is. I know she's just a phone call away, but that's not right. I won't call her because there is someone now I care about. God knows Phoebe doesn't feel the same, but maybe I can show her. I can show her that I'm not this dick. I want her to look at me and know she can trust me. This girl across the hall has gotten my attention and won't let go. I need her to feel the same way.