45

Louis's POV

I was going to bring coffee for Phoebe at the moment. She's been running the place for almost a week now. I planned to spend the day with her and decide what our New Years plans were. Harry wanted the three of us to go to New York with him, but Rebecca couldn't make it, and then because she couldn't make it, Phoebe didn't want to go. They have some weird tradition or whatever that she refuses to break. So, all four of us stayed. We were to be joined by Ed as well. He seemed to be around a lot more than before.

"Lost?" Phoebe breaks my train of thought.

"No, just here's your coffee." I tell her. She's writing something down in a book on the counter.

"Aren't you a softie." She jokes as she walks around the counter. She gives me a kiss before grabbing the cup out of my hand.

"Be nice. I brought you coffee." I tell her.

"So, interested in buying a book?" She asks.

"No, just interested in the store girl. She's hot." I say making her turn red and roll her eyes.

"Too bad, she's taken." She says, taking another sip of her coffee.

"Right I hear her boyfriend is a really cool guy." I say.

"Eh, she likes him I guess." She says, turning to smile at me.

"Don't get smug." I tell her. She just shrugs her shoulders at me. I move closer to kiss her but she's not paying attention.

"Well that was awkward." I say a few inches away from her face. She jumps and apologizes immediately.

"Sorry! I just zoned out." She says. She tries to kiss me but I'm laughing too hard.

"What are you zoning out about?" I ask.

"Nothing important. I'm just excited for New Years, that's all." She says.

"Oh yeah, that New Years kiss?" I ask her.

"That, and I'm just wondering who everyone else is going to kiss." She says.

"Not everyone has to kiss someone." I say.

"Fine, then maybe I'll skip the kiss this year. Can't leave anyone else out on New Years." She teases me.

"I can kiss you any other time of day, so no problem here." I tell her. I kiss the tip of her nose and she smiles.

"So, are we going out tonight, or having the party at one of our places?" She asks.

"Harry wanted to go out for a little while. He's still a bit pissed I talked him into staying home." I tell her.

"Oh well, we can do what he wants to then. I just want to see a clock or TV to see the countdown." She says.

"You're really into New Years, huh?" I ask her.

"Well, yeah. I've always had fun. I remember Rebecca dragged me out the first New Year's Eve we had together and I ended up kissing this really hot guy, maybe I shouldn't tell the story, sorry." She says and turns red.

"Uh, no, well it's okay?" My words kind of jumble up and she laughs.

"Come here." She says and walks back to me, wrapping her arms around my back. She pecks my lips and I smile at her.

"You know, I don't think I've ever talked to one of the New Year's Eve guys ever again after the kiss. They all seemed so boring. You'll be the first guy I actually like." She says.

"You're just saying that because you were talking about the other guy." I tell her.

"No, ask Rebecca, I never remembered to call them, or anything. I always told myself I should, but how cliche is that? My true love was my New Year's Eve kiss. Lame." She says and I laugh.