35

Louis's POV

Everyone was heading out together as our last week before Christmas was here. Phoebe was leaving tomorrow to see her family for the first time in years. I was catching the train to Doncaster on Sunday, but for now the four of us were eating pizza in some old shop. I feel a hand on mine and Phoebe rests her head on my shoulder.

"You two are adorable." Rebecca says.

"Thanks, I thought he looked awful tonight." Phoebe jokes.

"Hey, we can't all be beauty queens like you." I tell her making her laugh on my shoulder.

"So, how are you feeling about tomorrow?" Harry asks.

"Well, I have many different feelings right now. I feel like I'm going to pass out, but on the other hand, I'm thrilled to see Thomas. I miss my brother so much, as well as my parents." She says.

"I'm sure they miss you too." Rebecca says. Meanwhile, Harry is shoving another slice of pizza in his mouth ignoring the rest of us.

"So, what day are you going home for Christmas?" Phoebe asks him.

"Uh, Monday I think. I haven't decided yet." He says.

"Well you'll have to get there early. You don't want to have all of the tickets taken before you get there." Rebecca says.

"Yeah I know. Last time I was right on time. Maybe I'll take a car this time, just relax through the drive." He says.

"Or maybe I'll go somewhere nice and then fly home for the holidays. Maybe I could go to California." Harry says.

"Go home." I tell him making him chuckle.

"I know, I know. I want to go to a warm place, though." He explains.

"Well don't go to New York on New Years. One, it's not warm, and two, you know what happened on New Years-Ow!" I yell as I feel a kick.

"Shut up Louis." He tells me and I laugh. The girls look confused.

"Now you have to spill." Rebecca says.

"Well, Mr. Styles had a crush on a special blonde artist at the time and they ended up sharing a New Years kiss while we were in New York last year. They went on dates and everything, then it ended." I say. Harry rolls his eyes.

"Aww, sorry man." Rebecca says.

"It's alright. Just this idiot can't seem to let it go, even though I wasn't the only one with an ended relationship last year." Harry says surprising me how funny he thinks he is. The words smack me and I leave Phoebe, and the rest of them, walking out of the restaurant.

"Louis." I hear someone call. I turn around to see Phoebe walking up to me.

"Yeah? I just need a walk." I say and continue on my way.

"You're stubborn. I'm going to sit right here and freeze until you come back." I hear her say. I turn my head and see her sitting on a window sill of some shop.

"Go inside." I tell her.

"No, two of us can be stubborn. You aren't the only one who's good at that, Louis." She says and I can't help but laugh.

"Well, see you later." I tell her. By the time I turn right, she's still sitting on the sill, arms wrapped around herself, staring at the road. I shook my head at her and sat on a random staircase I found. Phoebe was stubborn, that's one of the things I like about her. It's hard to get something through to her head, but when she's really into something, it's amazing to watch.

Harry's Eleanor joke had not made me wish I was with her or some shit like that. It had made me uncomfortable, though. I don't like that even though I'm not with her, she keeps coming back somehow. Someone always asks about her or mentions her or anything like that. I hate it. It makes me feel like one of my big mistakes keeps coming back every once and awhile to mess with me.

"You're a pain in the ass." I hear someone say. I see Phoebe standing in front of the staircase.

"Look who moved." I tease her.

"Thanks for freezing me." She says, sitting on the last step alone. I go down the stairs and sit next to her.

"It's your fault." I say making her laugh.

"So why did you run out?" She asks me.

"Because even when I don't look for this girl, she comes back. I'm done with this and someone always brings her up to mess with my head." I explain.

"Well, do you still-"

"No." I say quickly. I don't want to be with her, I want Phoebe.

"Okay." She says quietly, almost sounds like she's choking on air. I bump her shoulder but she doesn't reply.

"Let's go back, yeah?" I ask her. She nods and starts walking down the street, arms around herself. I hug her from behind, getting her to turn around in my arms. Her arms don't go around me, but stay on my chest pulling me closer.

"You alright?" I ask.

"Yeah, just thinking about tomorrow and other things." She says.

"Like?" I wonder aloud.

"Just, I know you want to start this, but your mind sometimes seems like you haven't finished what you had. We've known each other for a few months, but maybe we should wait another month before doing anything serious about this." She says, confusing me.

"I'm fine with this, are you?" I ask.

"Completely, it's just sometimes you don't seem fine." She says. I shake my head and kiss the top of her head.

"Don't doubt it. I want this." I tell her. She looks up at me and smiles, pulling the top of my jacket down to kiss her. I do and relax for a moment in the kiss before I realize how cold it really is out.

"You two ready?" Harry asks, breaking our kind of trance.

"Uh, yeah." Phoebe says while her best friend laughs. What a wonderful night.