47

Louis's POV

I've been working with Phoebe at the book store now for about two weeks. It's nice to spend every day with her. I thought it may be a bit much, but it's not. I love working here. I've brought in some business, as well. Word must have gotten out and I also put up a sign that says "One picture with Louis from One Direction per book purchase."

I'm not sure whether Phoebe likes to have me in the store or not. She's been taking care of it as if she was the owner. She kind of is by now, but I was surprised that she knew how to do almost everything, and whatever she didn't know, she figured out.

"You're actually really good at this whole store owner thing." I tell her.

"It's alright. I'm just happy I haven't broken anything." She says with a laugh.

"I'm sure you'll be fine. Has Dean tried to call you?" I ask.

"No, I haven't heard from him. He has to be busy with funeral arrangements and all. I don't think they had any kids together. No one has ever come to the store before saying they were his kid. I think he's doing it alone." She says. I nod as she throws a box on the counter.

"Anyways, do you want to help me sort the new books on the shelves?" She asks me. I nod as she carries the box down an isle.

"I would have carried that for you." I tell her.

"I'm fine. I do this all the time." She answers. She plops the box down on the floor, sitting next to it. I sit down behind her and hug around her waist.

"You're so weird." She says and keeps moving through the box. I rest my head on her shoulder and rub my nose on her neck. She laughs and pushes my face away.

"Help me out." She says with a laugh. I pick up a stack of books and tear the plastic wrap off.

"Where does Night Owl go?" I ask.

"Over here." She says and picks up the pile. I let her go around the corner to put them away while I dig through the new books.

"Are you going to help out here, or not Louis?" She asks, sounding a bit mad.

"Or not." I try to lighten the mood but I hear her frustrated sigh. I've done it now. I get up and walk to her. She puts the last book from the stack away.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Nothing I'm just a bit hungry I guess. Why don't you go get us a few slices of pizza down the street?" She says.

"Why don't you take a break and we go somewhere together?" I offer.

"I'm too busy. Now either stay here and annoy me more or go." She says and takes off back to the box.

"What's your problem?" I ask.

"You, now can you please go get us something to eat?" She asks.

"What the hell did I do?" I ask.

"Nothing, I'm just a bit on edge." She says.

"Why-"

"Just please go get us something to eat already, okay?" She asks. I sigh, kiss her cheek, and leave her in the store. What did I do?

*

"Are you still angry?" I ask once I return with the food. She looks up at me funny before grabbing the pizza box.

"I just got cheese seeing you weren't in the mood for questions." I say as I take a slice.

"Wonderful." She mumbles and takes a bite.

"Why are you acting like this?" I ask.

"Like what?" She asks.

"You're so angry and why are you taking it out on me?" I ask.

"I'm not trying to. I just haven't heard from Dean and I've been trying so hard to do his job and mine. I've been doing the taxes and payments as well as all of the things I usually do. I'm terrified this place is going to burn because of me." She says. I hug her, pizza hanging in her hand.

"You're fine, Bee." I say and she laughs.

"I'm terrified, though. I don't want to take it out on you, but you're the only one near me that I can. I'm sorry. I'll have to learn to call Rebecca and yell at her." She says making me laugh.

"You can call me and yell at me any time you want while I'm on tour. It'll give me an excuse to talk to you." I say, loosening the hug.

"When is that tour anyway?" She asks.

"Not for another two months." I say and she smiles.

"So, I don't have to lose you yet." She says and I shake my head. I give her a kiss before going back to my food. She goes back to eating, but the same sad and angry face remains.

"You're doing great." I tell her honestly and she smiles.

"I just miss Dean." She says.

*

I'm resting on the couch with Harry for the evening. Working kind of knocked it out of me today. After lunch, I helped Phoebe sort though the back storage room. I was helping her stack up all these containers that her and Dean couldn't lift. It ended with her nearly crushing her hand trying to help me because I kept faking dropping it. Her reflexes were fast enough, thank god, to whip her hand away and call me an idiot.

"So, you look beat." Harry says.

"I've been working all day." I tell him with a chuckle.

"Oh yeah, you haven't been snogging all day." He teases and I roll my eyes.

"No, I actually have been working and I'm tired." I explain.

"You forgot the meeting today." He says and I sit up quickly.

"No-No the meeting is on the sixteenth and today-today is the sixteenth isn't it?" I ask.

"Yeah. I told him you were helping an old guy out and he already knows all of it. He said as long as you weren't at home sleeping, it was okay." Harry says to me.

"He's not mad?" I ask.

"No, it was just a checkup. He asked how the holiday went, Niall is doing better. He Skyped us from Mullingar and his mum was there." He says.

"So I missed Niall." I say and frown.

"Yeah sorry, but he'll be back soon enough. He didn't stay long, the meet up wasn't long." He says.

"Alright, I'll just head to bed then. I'm about to pass out." I say.

"Goodnight Louis." He says.

"Goodnight." I say just as I reach my door. I spread out on my bed and try to fall asleep quickly. I'm insanely tired and it can't come quick enough.