Chapter Thirty-One <3

It takes me a couple minutes to process what he said, blinking rapidly, frozen in place, breathing sharp and jagged.

“I can hurt you..” His voice comes out as a growl and he turns away from me and walks out of the kitchen. And I’m left, frozen in fear and shock. He wouldn’t hurt me… would he?

***

        An hour or so later, after all the crashing around and cursing is suddenly silent, I hear the front door open, immediately thinking that Harry has left. Relief is washed over me as I don’t hear anything else but the sound of a car starting. He’s gone. I’m safe… I think… Unless he’s left a whole bunch of death traps in my room or in the living room…

        I curl up tighter into the corner of the kitchen, crying and sobbing, terrified of leaving this exact spot.

“Emma?!” I hear an angry voice shout as soon as my front door opens again. My eyes nearly pop out of my head as the voice gets closer to the kitchen. I let out a sob and a yelp, crying harder. I don’t know who the hell is in my house at the moment, but just kill me already before Harry gets to me. God knows what that man will do to me–

“Em..?” I look up slowly, choking on my sobs and tears nearly creating a small pool around me.

“Emma, what in the hell happened out there?! Your living room is completely trashed!” Runa nearly yells, looking pissed off. I shake in my spot, freezing and scared. Runa runs towards me and cups my face in her hands. “My lovely.. What happened?” She asks softly, wiping the tears away. I open my mouth to speak but sobs come out instead. Runa nods and scoops me up in her arms, cuddling me to her tightly. I cry into her shoulder for what feels like eternity…

***

        “Alright… the dogs are fed, clean, and they’ve both gone to the bathroom… your living room is cleaned up and your bedroom is also cleaned up. Now the only thing to do around here is to get you better.” Runa sighs. It’s amazing how she just does these things for me… probably because she knows how emotionally unstable I am all the time because of Harry. She feels bad for me. I know she does. “Look at me, love..” Runa murmurs, tilting my head up to look at her. “It’s my pleasure to help you out. Now quit thinking that I just feel bad for you and I’m doing these things out of pure pity, because I’m not. If I pitied you, I wouldn’t have come over to try and fix you up.” She says in a stern yet loving tone, hugging me to her afterwards.

“I don’t need fixing..” I grumble out, my breaths choppy from all the crying.

“Yes, you do.” She kisses my head.

“No, I don’t.” I roll my eyes at her. She places her hands on her hips in a sassy way and raises an unimpressed eyebrow at me.

“Quit grumping or else.” She says, standing to her fit and pulling me up with her.

“Or else?” I ask, looking at her, “What?”

“Or else… Just or else. I’ll find out what I’ll do if you don’t quit grumping.” She smiles at me and leads me upstairs to the bathroom. She starts a hot bath with loads of bubbles and walks out of the bathroom. “Strip and get in.” She instructs and I oblige, stripping and getting into the tub. Runa walks back in as soon as I cover my entire body with bubbles so she can’t see anything.

“You don’t have to stay in here while I bathe, you know..” I mutter, feeling a bit exposed, even though I’m hidden by the shower curtain and bubbles.

“There’s no way in hell I’m leaving you alone. Especially when you’re this emotionally unstable. I’m sorry for the awkwardness, but I’m going to keep my eye on you to make sure you don’t do anything to yourself.” She says firmly, her mind made up already. I sigh heavily and nod.