Chapter Eighteen<3

“So… what’s going on now?” Runa asked me. I wiped more of my tears and huffed.

“Well, he’s got a girlfriend… and um… he’s super famous. I’m working and that’s about it.” I sniffed. She pouted a bit.

“Who’s this bitch of his?” She asked. I laughed a little, curling up.

“Taylor Swift.” I muttered, looking at the tv as it played a show quietly. Her eyes widened.

“Ew! Why her?!” She gawked. I laughed, shaking my head.

“I’m not going to send her hate. I mean, if he’s happy, I should be happy, too, right?” I asked, looking at her. Runa shook her head violently.

“You’re hurting because he’s “happy”, so you’re not happy. And I don’t think he’s happy with her.” She stated. I nodded slowly, fiddling with my fingers.

“Well.. it’s not like I’m one who’d pull a couple apart…” I sighed, sniffling a little as the tears threatened to spill out once more. Runa hugged me tightly and shushed me.

“I can help.” She whispered, stroking my head. I shook my head, crying, burying my face in her neck. She sighed once more and held me as I cried.

***

        The next day, Runa and I had to wake up and head to work earlier than usual, and we’re not sure why. Our boss didn’t tell anyone else to come in early, just Runa and I – well me, but I said I had Runa over so they wanted me to bring her, too.

        “This is odd… why-” I stopped speaking once I saw who was in my recording studio – Ed Sheeran and… Taylor Swift. Runa clutched my arm and pulled me out of the room. I collapsed to the floor and curled up, crying and sobbing instantly. Runa stormed into the recording studio.

“Excuse me, but what are you doing here?” I heard Runa ask with a sassy tone, clearly upset that Taylor was there. I rolled my eyes and wiped my tears, sniffling more back as I stood up unsteadily and walked into the room slowly. Taylor and Ed looked at me instantly. Ed rushed over to me and engulfed me in a hug.

“Shhh, I’ve heard a lot about you, you know… Harry never stops talking about you… He still hasn’t stopped… and he’s dating someone…” He whispered in my ear. I weakly wrapped my arms around Ed’s neck, sighing at what he said. He shouldn’t be talking about me at all. Especially since he’s dating Taylor. Ed rubbed my back gently before kissing my cheek and pulling away slowly. I missed Ed… I haven’t seen him in a long time. Texting wasn’t enough when it came to Ed. But we haven’t talked for a couple months.

“Don’t cry, love, he loves you.” He smiled slightly before walking back into the recording studio. Taylor smiled at Ed, glaring at Runa as Runa sat down on a stool next to my stool. I sat by Runa and watched my boss as he came in.

“Em, you’ll be recording Ed and Taylor’s new song, Everything Has Changed.” My boss informed me. I nodded, playing around with the music switches and buttons until they – Taylor, mostly – sounded alright. My boss walked out after approving of their – Taylor’s – change in voice, thanks to my doing.

        Runa and I watched them sing, Ed sounding amazing as always, and Taylor, doing alright with the help of a bit of autotune. Once they were finished, I stopped the recording and smiled.

“Great.” I smiled, turning off the big autotune machine. Runa rolled her eyes at my comment.

“Taylor wasn’t.” She muttered lowly, only I could hear her. I giggled, nudging her arm playfully. She laughed a little, keeping her eyes down so she wouldn’t have to see Taylor’s scowl – because she knew Runa had made a comment. Ed and Taylor walked out of the studio and walked over to where Runa and I were.