9 / my only company

The room is hot, my body is sweating and my hair is a complete utter mess. Luke grumbles beside me as my arm accidentally swats him in the head.
"Shit. Sorry Luke." I apologise. He laughs and rubs his eyes as I stare at him. "It's fine," he assures me. "Need help babe?" he asks me. I nod and watched him sit me up. "Good morning by the way." I giggle. He smiles. "Good morning to you. Anything special you want for breakfast today?" he asks.

"Bacon and eggs on toast would be lovely," I smile. "If you don't mind of course." He rolls his eyes and pats my knee. "Why would I not? I'm your hubby for rent. I gotta do what I gotta do." he laughs. Damn he makes my day. Lucas Robert Hemmings makes my day. That's a true fact folks.

He helps me walk to the bathroom and I couldn't be more embarassed. I couldn't even walk myself to the bathroom without help. Like he had read my thoughts he lets out a cute laugh, "You're embarassed aren't you?"
I feel my cheeks heat and turn a light shade of red as I nod, "Just a little."
He smiles as he stops by the sink. "Don't be," he says as he grabs my toothpaste and squeezes it out onto my toothbrush. He hands it over and smile. "Every little thing counts Edwards. I'm sure Jade would do the same. Wouldn't she?" he adds. Thinking about it I give him another nod. "Yeah. She would."

"Exactly. Now I'll leave you to it. Just give me shout out if you need help. I'll be in the kitchen." he says. "Ok." I answer. He gives me another warm smile and presses a soft kiss on my forehead before turning around and leaving the room. I begin to get freshened up for the day.

After an eventful day full of filming, editing and recording tracks I decided to waste the rest of my night with Luke. We're both on the couch in front of the TV as we watch past Disney Channel shows. Disney back then was the life. That's So Raven plays as I eat my healthy choice of food. It's not like Luke would give me ice cream at this stage. But I ate whatever. I just want to eat. I swallow my yoghurt as I catch Luke looking at me with the corner of my eye. I smile. "Yes?"

"I'm proud of you."

"I know that." I say.

"And I'm gonna keep reminding you."

I giggle and cuddled up beside him. The side of my head rests on his shoulder as I continue to watch.
"Love you, Hemmo." I smile. He smiles back and presses a kiss on my hair as he intertwines my hand with his. "Love you too Edwards. Don't forget that."

"I won't."

"That's my girl."

~•~

"Hey, stop crying princess. Do you want me to grab a tissue?" he asks.

"A tissue?," I eye him. "You're kidding. I need the whole entire box!" I say.

He nods and walks off to grab a box o tissues. He comes back with a smile on his face, "Thank you." I answer as I take the box and blew my nose. Luke laughs and continues to watch me stuff my face in tissues. "You still get emotional watching this?" he asks.
I nod, "It's Frozen what do you expect Lucas?!" I laugh as I threw the used tissues on to the coffee table in front of me.  Luke wraps his arm around my waist and I continue to watch the film.

The movie ends shortly after and I'm drained. I yawn and he strokes my hair softly, "Time for bed." he says. I nod.
"I know. I'm really tired." I yawn again.
"Do you want me to take you to bed?"

I nod, "That would be great." I say as I rub my eyes. He stands from the couch  and drives his hands around me before carrying me bridal style. I laugh and looked at him carry me into the room.
Luke places me onto the cold bed I close my eyes. Today was a long and productive and tiring day. But what should I expect? I'm pregnant and I work from home. I yawn one last time.

"Nanite Luke."

"Good night."