27 / famous

"You're in a band," Was all I could manage to say. Luke gives me an apologetic smile as he continues to shrink in his chair. Bella lets a giggle escape and my heart flutters. "And you planned to tell me this when exactly?" I ask him. He probably thinks I'm mad at his ass.

"I was gonna tell you when I had a way to bring it up casually. But now that's out of the way you're probably ready to hit me in the head and send me back to Australia and have me locked up in my room and get teased by Ben and Jack and who knows what else!" he says loudly.

"I'm not mad Luke." I start. His head shoots up and he sits properly. "You're aren't mad?..."

"Are you deaf or what? She just said no you idiot." Ashton laughs. We all begin to laugh shortly as we began to finish our food.

"So, while we sit and eat," I smile. "You two, tell me more about 5 Seconds of Summer."

"Four idiots who cannot dance whatsoever."

"I agree." Luke rolls his eyes at me.

"Well yeah it's true."

I lift up my glass and I drank my water. "I know you well. And you do not dance. Like underline it, put it in italic and size 20."

"You're best friend is famous." Ashton says.

"And you are too." I add.

"I didn't even know you could sing."

"Well before the band blew up and people didn't take us literally, I didn't like to expose ly talents so much. Luckily Michael hit me down in the DMs. Otherwise their wouldn't be a 5SOS. And I love that we make people happy."

"We're punk rock." Luke says.

"No you're not." Ashton replies.

"You came out of my room the other day wearing a tutu and started frolicking about in my backyard. Like I'm sure there's better things to do than be a fairy while I set up my drums. And you call yourself punk rock."

"You haven't met the other two boys yet

"You haven't met the other two boys yet."

I nod and in an instant Luke shakes his head left and right. Kind of like the way you do when your friend asks you if you did the homework... Yeah that way. It's like he hated the idea.

"I'm sure they're not that bad."

"And you're right." Ashton says. "Wrong." Luke interferes. "You're my best friend, but sometimes you just gotta shut up Luke." I add.
He nods and leans against the table. Only to be looking like a complete idiot. Or a clown.

 Or a clown