22 / for her. (chapter was extended)

The clock ticked and my heart raced. I had exactly ten minutes to leave and meet Zayn. Quickly, I grabbed my phone from the drawer and stuffed it into my back pocket. I examined the room one last time and left a note by the dresser for Jade to read in the morning.

You seemed to be in a good sleep so I didn't want to wake you. There was an emergency at work that I had to deal with. Remember that I love you so bloody much baby girl. You and Bella are the best things to ever happen to me. I'll see the both of you really really soon..
P <3

At this very moment I couldn't exactly tell if I'd be back any time soon. I wish I could. But I have to do this for her. I can't risk losing Jade or Bella. Even if it means getting shot. I don't care. But what ran through my mind was all the reasons why he wants to hold me for ransom. I hope Zayn could answer some of these answers that lingered in my mind. I need them. Quickly and gently I pressed a soft kiss on Jade's cheek before heading out the door in a rush. The time ticked and I worked my way to Bella's room as quickly as I could. My hand grasped the handle and thankfully the door didn't squeak. Rushing to her cot, Bella was gracefully sleeping, my eyes filling with an ocean of tears before I gave her a soft kiss.

"I'll be back princess. I know mommy will take good care of you while I'm gone. Bye Bells."

~•~

"Hey, come here," Zayn says as he wraps his arms around me, "You've been crying" he adds.
"I hate this. Leaving them so clueless." I sniffle.
"If you want me to," he starts. "I can tell them." I pull away quickly and I shake my head, "No, please. Don't. If you do all Jade will do is worry. And I don't want that for her."

"Pez, if you want I -" I cut him off. "Zayn, stop. You can't just make you take my place. This isn't your fight to do. He asked for me and so I'll give it to him. He can torture me all he wants but if he comes and lays a finger on my girls I'm gonna rip him apart." I huff.

"You're not gonna be gentle on him are you? Actually don't even answer that, that was so fucking stupid to ask." he sighs. "Nothing will hold me back from tearing that bastard apart. He can torture me all he wants but just wait till I torture him myself. I'm gonna show him what he's dealing with. It's not gonna be pretty."