2 / blood, sweat & tears

Ten rides and a few carnival games later I find myself at the back of the carnival with Jade. We sit along the brick wall, her hand resting on mine as we watched the fireworks illuminate the dark night sky. The fireworks fill the air and Jade can't help but smile and say the most cutest things as she leans her head against my shoulder.

Minutes pass and the final boom hits. The colour leaves the sky and sound of people cheering die away. I continue to look down onto the distance as I feel a thick liquid fall onto the back of my hand. My brows furrow and I turn only to have tears form in my eyes the second my eyes land on her.

"P-P-Perrie." she stutters as thick red blood oozes out of her lips. I press my palms against each side of her head as I spot the bullets. One on her back and one in her head. Tears pour down my face as I sit here. What do I do? Who do I call? "I ... love y-you." she coos. I shake my head furiously.

"No," I huff. "No. Don't say that!"

"T-take care of -"

I continue to shake my head as I pull out my phone. Her blood smudges my screen but that's the least of my fucking problems. My wife is dying in front of my eyes and we're literally at the back of the carnival where it's nobody but us. I turn my phone on and I immedietly diall Ally. She answers on the second ring and I close my eyes.

"Ally." I cry.

"Perrie? What's going on?!" she asks me. Her voice full of worry and concern. I let my tears stream down as I squeeze Jade's hand.

"W-we were just watching the fireworks and I looked down and - and now she has bullets in her. Ally," I cry. "Please help me. I can't lose her."

"Perrie," she starts. "Stay calm baby. I'll gonna be there as fast as I can. Where are you? I'm gonna stay on the phone and I want you to keep her awake. Don't let her eyes close. Don't."

"We're at the back of the carnival. At the brick wall." I tell her.

Through the other end of the phone I begin to hear her breathing become unsteady. She was running. I squeeze Jade's hand tightly and bit my lip as I watch her in pain. God, I don't want to lose her. This was the last thing I want to happen to her - and now it is. "Baby girl I have paramedics on the way," Ally begins. "I can see you now. Everything will be alright." she assures me. I can only imagine. Hope. 'Have hope' people say. I'll always contine to think that 'You know what people say about hope. It breeds eternal misery.' It's a word that has me on the edge constantly.

"Perrie!"

I lift my head and I find Ally running towards us. My cheeks are wet and my shirt is soaked and covered in Jade's blood, "Jade," I say softly. "I promise you this. We're gonna take you to a hospital and you're gonna get better."

Jade lifts her hand, the struggle is evident in her eyes. It hurts me deeply to see her like this. Her fingers brush lightly against my cheek and I press my hand over hers, ending Ally's call and pushing my phone into my back.

"Remeber that I'm proud of you."

"Jade, stop this. Please." I cry.

"We don't know that baby."

"But I do!"

Tears begin to run down the corners of her eyes as we look at each other directly. Her brown eyes meet mine and I fail to look any longer. I look away and I find Ally in front of us.

"Try and get her down."

I nod and without hesitation I wrap her arms around my neck and with all her effort she carries herself onto my lap. I snake an arm under her legs and I jump down onto the grass. Ally wraps herself around me, her fingers under my eyes as she wipes the wetness away.
The sound of sirens fill the air and my heart leaps. The bright red and blue lights fill the dark sky as I feel sweat run down my forehead. I run down the grass without the need to think. There's no time for me to sit and wait any longer. My wife needs help and I'm gonna give her that. In the distance I watch men and women rush out the vehicle. They pull out a stretcher and they come running to me.

"Miss let me take her." A man says. I nod and I let him take Jade away. Blood pools off of her body and I sink to the ground. I feel Ally's hands on my shoulders as I cry and cry and cry.

"Ally, I can't. This isn't happening."

"I wish I could say otherwise baby."

"I don't even know what happened. One minute it's just us watching the fireworks and then it ends and I just -" I begin to turn into a hot mess and everything around me becomes as blur.