CHAPTER 30: MORTALS

CHAPTER 30: MORTALS

"He will find his heart naturally," Renee said. "Trust yourself, if he really does love you then he belongs to you."
I sighed.
To be honest, I didn't really trust myself. I'm only 17, what do you expect?

"Griffin, how old are you?" Renee asked.
"I'm 638," he replied while stuffing his face with muffins.
"How old are you?" Renee pointed to me.
"17." I replied.
Renee laughed loudly. Griffin and I looked at each other.
"That's so gross! He may look like a fucking 19 year old but he's a grandpa! And you two had sex in my truck!" she laughed. "This is why it's not allowed for you two to fall in love. That is so gross!"
I blinked.
"Seriously, it's like having sex with your grandmother's husband." she wiped the tears off her face. "So gross."

It does seem kind of gross if you think about it but I love him for him not for his age. Besides, he looks like he's 19 anyways so I can live with it and it's too late for me to just let go of him.

"Don't you have some kind of dough to make?" I joked.
Renee glared at me and I raised one of my eyebrow.
"If my wings turn complete black, that means I have found myself?" Griffin asked.
"That's right. You can't really do much, you just have to wait for your heart to be ready." she explained.
Griffin let out a deep breath.
"How would I know if the other me is finding himself it whatever?" he asked.
"Your feathers will start to fall off and turn to ashes, then the ashes will go to wherever the other you is." she said while mixing her dough.
Griffin nodded.

"We should go," I said.
"Yeah, you should go. And if you feel like having sex again, just climb in someone's truck!" Renee joked.
"Renee, go eat a muffin." said Griffin.
I laughed.

We got off her truck.
"Well, thanks!" I said.
Renee waved.
"I'll be popping up when you need me! Good luck." she called out.
"Yeah! Just don't interrupt." yelled Griffin as he took my hand and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me in.
"Good luck with the mortals!" I heard her yell.

"Ew, mortals." I heard Griffin whisper.
I let go of his hand and stepped on his foot.
"I'm mortal!" I yelled.
"You're so violent. Damn!" he poked my arm.
"Hey, that hurts!" I said.
"Wasn't even that hard!" Griffin shrugged his shoulders and grabbed my hand again.
I let out a deep breath.

"You're the sexy kind of mortal," he whispered in my ear.
I smirked and my cheeks turned red.

Sexy. Like him.