CHAPTER 35: BLACK WINGS

I reached out for my water bottle as Griffin sat beside me, his dark brown eyes were gazing right at me. He had that little smile on his face again that always made my heart jump. He scooted in closer and closer until our hips were touching, I can feel his arm against mine.
"So," Griffin began. "About that kiss."
I almost spat out my water, I looked at him and his face was right in front of me. I can feel his warm breathing on my face.
"G–Griffin," I muttered. He brushed my hair away from my face and played with the tips of my hair. I swallowed as I took a deep breath, he slowly leaned in for a kiss. I began to slowly close my eyes but I saw ashes coming from behind him.
I quickly stood up.

"Griffin!" I yelled pointing at the ashes floating from behind him. He turned around and grabbed my arm.
"Stay close to me," he whispered. I held his hand tighter as we talked towards the ashes and he smelled them, making sure if it was the ashes Renee told us about.
"Fire," he said. "I smell fire."
"Griffin," I said as I held his hand tighter. The ashes began to glow.
"This is it, the other me has turned to ashes. Lexi, we're winning." he said. He reached out his hand to touch the ashes.
"Griffin!" I said, "This–this might not be it."
He stroked my head and patted my back and leaned in to whisper in my ear.
"I know it is. My feathers tell me it is." he whispered. I held on tighter as he started to reach out for the ashes again.

Griffin's fingertips touched the ashes, I let go of him as the ashes chanelled throughout his body causing his white wings to turn black again. His warm presence grew colder as the ashes channeled.
"Griffin?" I said with a soft voice. My eyes widened as the ashes slowly disappeared. I looked at him and his arms grew bigger, just like when I first saw him. He looked much like when we first met.

I slowly reached out for him, his eyes were closed.
"Gr–Griffin?" I said as I touched his arm, his arms were less warmer but not as cold when I first met him. Griffin raised his head and turned around, his eyes still closed.
"Griffin?" I shook him as I grew nervous.
"Griffin!" I yelled tears filling my eyes. He wasn't moving, he was stiff but he was breathing. His wings stretched out and were halfway black.
"Lexi?" he whispered as he slowly opened his eyes. I took a deep breath and my head began to hurt, I fell to my knees as I pressed my temples.

Griffin looked down at me, and there it was.

Eyes as dark as the night staring down at me. Just like how I remembered to be.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

POLL: WHO DO YOU THINK GRIFFIN SHOULD END UP WITH? NEEDA OR LEXI?
ARE YOU IN THE ANGEL SIDE (LEXI) OR THE DEMON SIDE (NEEDA)?

COMMENT YOUR ANSWERS :) AND LET'S SEE WHO WINS AND WHO DOES GRIFFIN'S HEART TRULY BELONG TO.