𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

CHAPTER FIVE | THE KILLER

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE HUNTER PROBLEM HAD GROWN TREMENDOUSLY. Connor Jordan had taken hostages in the Grill and texted every single vampire in town to make them aware. Either they gave themselves up, or the hostages died. They hadn't yet identified all the hostages, but they knew that one of them was Jeremy Gilbert.

Evelyn wandered into the Lockwood Mansion and saw the rest of the group all listening to Damon, who seemed to be reciting the plan. "So we each take a different entrance, hit him at the same time." Damon's eyes drifted to the brunette vampire. "Ah, so glad you could pull yourself from your bed to help, Eve."

"I like to do what I can for the neighborhood." The Austin vampire shrugged nonchalantly as she wandered in.

"Stefan!" Elena immediately lifted herself up from the couch as soon as she saw the arrival of her radio-silent boyfriend.

Damon turned his attention to his younger brother. "Where the hell have you been?"

"Coming up with a plan." Stefan retorted, his arms wrapped tightly around Elena, who hurried into his hold.

"Apparently, Damon's already made a plan: Rip that dick's heart out and then feed it to him." Evelyn listed off as Damon nodded encouragingly. "Sounds promising, right?"

"That's not a plan." Stefan rolled his eyes then pulled himself away from the doppelganger. "We need to be careful. Connor has Jeremy and who knows how many other hostages."

The older of the two Salvatore's shrugged with furrowed brows. "Hence the open-heart surgery."

"Damon's right." Elena nodded in agreement with the Salvatore and then turned back to her boyfriend, hoping he felt the same as she did. "Connor's strong, but he's not going to be able to take all of us." She pointed out with furrowed brows.

"I called in the Hybrids to help, too." Tyler Lockwood, Klaus' first sired Hybrid told them with a confident nod.

"My Mom put squad cars blocking the streets." Caroline Forbes ran into the room as she slipped her cellphone back into her pocket. "They're saying it's a faulty gas main. We're good to go."

"Alright, well if there are no cops that means there are no witnesses. We all should be good to go, right?" Evelyn shrugged. She was eager to rid the town of the hunter once and for all.

Stefan looked around the room as he held his hand up, trying to stop the rest of the group from rushing off and to the Grill. "Alright, hold on. You're not all going."

"He shot me like nine times. If we're killing him, I want in." Tyler voiced.

"He's got, Jeremy." Elena seemed almost irritated that Stefan had suggested she stayed behind, especially since her brother was in danger. "I'm going."