𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER THIRTEEN | DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──

A NEW ALLIANCE WAS BORN IN THE FACE OF SO MUCH DISASTER. Truth be told, Evelyn couldn't think of a worse pairing than herself, Elena, Rebekah, and, Stefan considering the all they did was bicker. Though, once their new alliance had been formed, it wasn't long before they concluded that Damon had been taken by someone—along with a missing Jeremy Gilbert, Bonnie Bennett and, Professor Shane. It was definitely not a coincidence.

"Tell me you're not serious." Evelyn heard Caroline's voice boom through Elena's phone as the doppelganger paced up on down a short distance in front of Evelyn and Rebekah.

"I wish I weren't. When we got back from looking for Jeremy, Shane and Bonnie were both gone too." Elena spoke to the blonde vampire who was back in Mystic Falls. "Shane needs Bonnie to cast a spell on Jeremy's tattoo in order to find the cure and he managed to sneak them both out from under our noses."

A sigh escaped the Forbes girl at the thought of the mayhem that was currently taking place in Nova Scotia. "Well, where's Damon in all this?"

"We had an argument. I thought he was just taken a walk, but then we went down to the beach we saw signs of a struggle. Meaning somebody probably jumped him and then grabbed him." Evelyn was listening in from over the far side of the beach and the worry in Elena's voice made her blood boil.

"Do you think Shane took him?"

"No, I mean, he's not strong enough to take on Damon, even with the element of surprise. He must have someone, or at least a few someones, helping him." Elena's explanation grew.

"I'm so sorry, I wish I was there to help."

"Well, maybe there's something you can do from home. Shane's looking for the cure and we think we can find him, we have pictures of Jeremy's tattoo but we just can't translate the map."

"Unless you get the hunter's sword from Klaus... I'll find it, don't worry. Just email me pictures of Jeremy's tattoo, I'll find the sword and I'll call you back."

A sigh left Evelyn's lips as she watched the doppelganger slide her phone into her pocket and wander over to Stefan. Evelyn and Rebekah remained seated on a rock just along the beach while Stefan and Elena engaged in a conversation about their situation. The pair knew it would be wrong to listen in and, for once in their immortal lives, they let them have their privacy.

Evelyn nodded her head slowly as a sigh escaped her lips. She hated how Elena managed to have both brothers wrapped around her little finger, despite playing with their emotions. "She still manages, even now, to have a hold over him. She has a hold over both of them."

"She ruins his life, time, and time again yet he feels nothing but love for her? Why?" Rebekah didn't even take her eyes off of the couple in the distance. Evelyn knew that all Rebekah wanted was an epic love, instead, she had been plagued with anything but. "It's not fair."