𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

CHAPTER EIGHT | WE'LL ALWAYS HAVE BOURBON STREET

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

STEFAN AND EVELYN HAD SPENT THE NIGHT AT CAROLINE'S AFTER THE REVELATION. They truly believed that it was logical that Elena was sired to Damon. There was too much evidence to ignore it. Everyone said that Elena had changed the minute she turned, maybe this was why.

"This is a disaster!" Caroline exclaimed while Evelyn laid curled up in an armchair. She didn't get much sleeping during the night. All she could think about was Elena's sire bond, and what that meant for her and Damon.

Stefan exhaled deeply as she folded up the duvet he used. "Look, we don't know anything for sure."

"Yes, we do. Elena is sired to Damon, which means her one singular burning desire is to make him happy, just like Klaus and his Hybrids." The Forbes girl continued to speak about the sire bond, despite Evelyn's grunts.

"No, it's not." Stefan immediately shook his head. "A vampire sired to another vampire is one in a million. Maybe it won't affect her the same way."

"Well, theoretically speaking, they're both pretty much the same, whether it's a vampire sired to another vampire; the aspect of siring is still exactly the same." The Austin vampire explained for the benefit of Stefan and Caroline, though she pushed a pillow in front of her face to hide her despair.

"See! We already know it's affecting her. She's become Damon's lapdog. Everything he says, she agrees with and everything he asks her to do, she does. We need to do something." Caroline rolled her eyes and immediately yanked her phone out from her pocket.

"Wait, no. Hold on, Caroline, this isn't gossip. You can't just drop this on her before we know it's happening for sure."

"I need to talk to Tyler, maybe he'll know what to do."

Evelyn finally removed the pillow from her face and turned her gaze toward Stefan with a look of sadness in her eyes. "I think you and I need to go and have a word with Damon, don't you?"

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"Sired? Really, Stefan?" Damon scoffed. He didn't believe anything that Evelyn and Stefan had said about Elena being sired to him. He didn't even think it was a possibility. "That is the most pathetic nonsense I've heard come out of your mouth and you've said some crap in your day."

"Perhaps stop being a stubborn dumbass and think about it for a second." Evelyn exhaled deeply and rolled her eyes at Damon's inability to see the truth. "Your blood turned her, right?"

"And she's been different from day one because of you. You can't deny that." Stefan carried on from Evelyn, who seemed irritated by Damom' attitude.