𝐒𝐈𝐗

CHAPTER SIX | WE ALL GO A LITTLE MAD SOMETIMES

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ELENA FRANTICALLY CALLED DAMON AND EVELYN TO TELL THEM THAT SHE HAD KILLED JEREMY. When the pair walked into Elena's house, they saw Jeremy Gilbert dead on the couch with Elena stood in front of him. Evelyn couldn't quite believe the streak of horrific luck Elena was having. First, she killed her only chance of being human, now she had killed her own brother.

"I can't believe this happened." Pacing in front of him, Elena finally looked up to Damon and Evelyn. "What am I going to stay to him?"

"Well, if it were me, I'd probably start by apologizing for stabbing him in the neck." Evelyn shrugged immediately. "To be honest, it kinda hurts."

"Thanks for not ditching the family ring after it drove Ric crazy," Damon added in exactly the same tone as Evelyn, before he sighed. "You should've called Stefan."

Elena's face turned the moment she heard his name. "I don't want to talk to him. He's been lying to me and hiding things from me. He compelled Jeremy to forget God knows what."

"In all fairness, I think you killing him kinda trumps that." Damon pointed out, his eyes fell to Jeremy before he turned back to Elena. "And, you should've called Stefan."

"He's got a point, Elena." Evelyn shrugged.

"I don't trust him right now, Evelyn. He's acting differently, you've seen it as well as I have."

As the door to the Gilbert household swung open to reveal Stefan, Elena's sent daggers Damon's way. "PS, I called Stefan," Damon whispered over the doppelganger's shoulder before he moved back beside Evelyn.

Stefan looked down at Jeremy's dead body and then up to his girlfriend. He couldn't seem to understand why Elena would have called Damon and Evelyn but not him. "What happened? Why didn't you call me?"

"I just—" Hesitation ran through her voice before she looked down at her bloodstained hands. "I need to go upstairs and shower. Clean all the blood off my hands." She held up her hands, covered in her brother's blood before she ran up the staircase.

A gasp escaped Jeremy's lips as he came back to life, courtesy of the Gilbert family ring. His eyebrows were knitted together in confusion as he lifted his hand up to where the stab wound on his neck once was. "What happened?"

"Long story, buy the E-Book." Damon vaguely responded.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Evelyn and Damon remained in the kitchen since Elena was still showering Jeremy's blood from her body. The Salvatore had lifted himself up from the kitchen floor after he mopped up Jeremy's blood. Stefan suddenly entered the room and looked at the pair in confusion. "Where's Jeremy?"