𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER NINETEEN | MAN ON FIRE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

EVELYN WAS AT THE SKULL BAR, HAVING COFFEE WITH STEFAN WHILE HAD AGREED TO TUTOR ELENA AND BONNIE. Since the Other Side about to be extinct and Bonnie's life was quite literally hanging in the balance, the Austin vampire was surprised that Bonnie had time to study. Every time that someone brought up the Other Side going away, Bonnie seemed to clam up.

As Elena flipped through her notes, Bonnie dropped down onto the couch beside her. Evelyn awkwardly cleared her throat. "So, I'm surprised you're actually up for studying, all things considered."

"What'd you mean?" Bonnie answered back with a raised eyebrow toward the girl.

"The Other Side falling apart?" The doppelganger continued on with a look of confusion on her face, then she turned to Evelyn and Stefan. "She's in denial."

The Salvatore and Austin vampire both nodded. "So I see."

"I'm not in denial. The Other Side is disintegrating. As the Anchor to the Other side, I'm only alive as long as there is an Other Side. I'm perfectly aware of the threat of my impending death. There is nothing I can do about it. It's called acceptance— fifth stage of grief. "Look it up, tutor guy." Bonnie turned her gaze toward Stefan with a pointed look, while Evelyn chuckled.

"Definitely in denial." Stefan continued on as he watched Evelyn take a sip of her coffee.

"Yeah, Look. Bonnie, we've already lost you once. We're not doing this again. It's not an option, okay? Not to mention what's gonna happen to Alaric, and your Grams, and everyone else over there." Elena continued to list the dozens of people they had lost. "So, what are we gonna do?"

"Fine. If you guys promise to stop hovering, I'll ask Liv if she has any witchy ideas." Bonnie rolled her eyes. "Besides, don't we have bigger problems with those Travelers trying to take over Mystic Falls?"

"Oh, no. Apparently, that's Damon's task for today." Evelyn chuckled softly as she watched Bonnie and Elena exchange worried looks. "He said he can handle it, so I'm gonna let him do it. Once he screws it up, he'll call and I'll have to go fix it."

The Bennett girl immediately caught sight of Liv, who was working behind the bar. She thought that right now was the best opportunity she would get to talk to Liv about the Other Side. "Hey, I'm gonna go speak to Liv. I'll be back."

Not long after Bonnie lifted herself from the couch, Enzo wandered over. Upon noticing his arrival, Stefan closed the textbook and narrowed his eyes toward Enzo. "What're you doing here?"

"I can't join my friends for a cup of tea?" Enzo feigned innocence.

"Damon, your friend, uh, singular, isn't here. And, we're a little busy right now." Stefan rolled his eyes irritably as he watched Enzo take Bonnie's seat on the couch. "But by all means, have a seat."