𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE | I'M THINKING OF YOU ALL THE WHILE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ALL EVELYN COULD REMEMBER WAS KAI SHOWING UP AT THE ALTER. Part of her had hoped that it was just a horrific dream, but once she slowly started to regain consciousness, her eyes drifted around the wedding venue and she realized it was the harsh reality. The entire venue had been completely blown apart by Kai's spell, and all Evelyn could hear was screaming from the guests; some were injured, dead, or dying.

Evelyn placed her hand on a chair and used it to pull herself up to her feet whilst her hand drifted to her forehead as she felt blood against her skin. Her eyes scanned the room, eager to find the people that she cared about. "Damon? Damo—"

"—Hey, hey." Damon's voice called out from behind her as she twirled around and saw him walking toward her. A heavy sigh of relief left the brunette's lungs as she rushed over to him and fell into his hold. The Salvatore's eyes scanned his fiancé, almost as if he were double-checking she was okay. "Thank God, you're okay."

The couple held each other for a moment, appreciating the fact that they were both alive and okay just before Evelyn's eyes caught sight of Elena's unconscious body a few feet away from them. "Oh, my God. Elena!"

With widened, fearful eyes, The two vampires rushed straight over to her. "Come on. Hey, wake up, Elena." Damon bit his wrist in an attempt to feed her his vampire blood, but it was no use. Damon's blood had no effect on the unconscious female.

"No. This can't be happening." Evelyn panicked and began to look around the venue for Stefan and Caroline. "Stefan?! Caroline!" Once until she saw Stefan and Caroline, covered in blood and broken pieces of glass behind her a sigh of relief escaped her lips.

"Oh my, God." Caroline breathed in horror once her eyes fell to her best friend, rendered unconscious from the blast.

"She won't wake up," Damon told the vampires whilst his eyes flickered between the three, almost as if he were waiting for someone to tell him what to do. "She won't wake up. I don't understand."

"What the hell do we do? We can't leave her here." Evelyn frantically questioned the rest of the vampires.

"Get her to a hospital. Now." Stefan ordered seriously with a stern look on his face.

Damon realized that was probably the best option and nodded in agreement. With one final kiss on Evelyn's forehead, Damon grabbed hold of Elena and sped her out of the venue and to the hospital.

Caroline turned to the vampires beside her with a look of fear on her face. "Guys, she's human, what if she doesn't—" Before anyone could make any further comment as to that state Elena Gilbert was in, their necks were snapped without a second thought.