𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

CHAPTER NINE | I ALONE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ONCE DAMON HAD CALLED EVELYN AND TOLD HER THAT ALARIC HAD FOUND THE ASCENDANT, SHE ARRANGED TO MEET HIM. The pair were planning to go to the 1994 prison world to find Bonnie, and bring her home with them and, Evelyn couldn't believe it. They were finally so close to bringing Bonnie back, and everything would fall into place.

"God. You have no idea how excited I am to finally see her again." Evelyn gleefully spoke as the couple walked hand-in-hand through the forest. They were meeting with Liv, who had agreed to do the spell which would transport them back to the prison world.

"Hm. Believe me, I know." Damon hummed softly, then raised an eyebrow toward Evelyn. "So, I've gotta ask. Did you know about Caroline's feelings for Stefan, or?"

"I—uh, I was kinda busy with the whole no-humanity-ripping-necks-open thing. She never really made it known, until she and Enzo forced me to have dinner with him and pretend-girlfriend." Evelyn chuckled softly as she remembered back to how Caroline acted once she found out Stefan was living in Savannah and had gotten a new girlfriend. "But, to be honest, they both deserve to be happy."

"Even if she loses her mind at the thought of him not being with her, and turns off her humanity?" Damon asked with a playful smirk pointed in her direction.

"Harsh." Evelyn glared at him, then she knocked him lightly with her shoulder. Finally, they approached Liv, who was sitting on the floor with several items around her for the spell. "Liv, thank you for doing this. I mean, let's hope at least one of you can manage to keep the spell going long enough for us to come back, right?"

"Right." The witch trailed off slowly. She knew that it was a dig at the fact that she let Luke overpower her, which resulted in Damon and Bonnie's death. "I needed an excuse to get out of that frat house. Way too much boy. Gross." She rolled her eyes. "You got everything?"

"Yup. Blood from a Bennett. Lucy, to be exact. And, an Ascendant from whatever the hell your last name is." Damon handed over the components while a confused look appeared on Liv's face the minute she examined the Ascendant.

"So, this is the famous Ascendant? I'm surprised that Jo gave it up." The blonde spoke up. "It's the only thing keeping Kai locked in his prison. If he gets out, he's coming after Jo. Whatever. So, I'm gonna need the moon to activate the Ascendant. It will be viable for about eight-hours, so once I send you over the clock's ticking."

Evelyn nodded, then glanced up at the sky then she set her eyes back onto the blonde witch in front of her. "That's all well and good, but how the hell are we gonna get back?"

"Drink these." Liv handed them three small vials of blood. "It's my blood. It'll link you to me so I can find you, and bring you back. Give one to Bonnie, too." She watched the two vampires exchange pointed looks. "Are you waiting for a toast? Drink."