𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN | AMERICAN GOTHIC

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

STEFAN MET UP WITH THE TWO VAMPIRES THAT HAD THEIR NECK SNAPPED BY REBEKAH MIKAELSON. It was safe to say that Stefan was not the least bit impressed that, not only did they manage to lose Elena, she disappeared with their only lead to Katherine Pierce.

"Something's not right." Damon drawled out as he glanced around the small town that had managed to track Elena and Rebekah to. "Katherine Pierce does not hole up in Hickstown, P-A."

"Well, this is definitely the car they stole." The youngest Salvatore glanced at the car that Elena and Rebekah had stolen. It was parked neatly on the sidewalk, considering a vampire with no humanity had driven it. "We're in the right place."

"Points to them for their choice in vehicles," Damon muttered and pressed his head up against the glass to look inside the car.

"Okay, ignore me if I'm not making any sense, but do either of you even have a plan?" Evelyn glanced between the two Salvatore's who looked back with furrowed brows. "I hardly think that Elena is just going to come with us willingly. Especially not now that she's got Rebekah on hand."

"We do whatever we have to do. I don't care if I have to throw Rebekah under a school bus and wrap Elena in a burlap sack. We do whatever we have to do." Damon grunted with an irritated tone of voice.

"Damon, she's right. This is serious." Stefan grumbled.

"I am, too. I don't care what Elena wants right now. She's this close to going off the rails for good." Damon lifted his left hand and used his two fingers to show how close Elena was to snapping. "And that ain't happening. She's a pain enough as it is."

"So what happened to the guy who thought Elena should embrace being a vampire? Let the chips fall where they may." Stefan asked with a slight smirk.

"That guy and Evelyn got their necks snapped in New York. This guy's royally pissed off." Damon glanced at the brunette vampire who tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. "The sooner we grab her and lock her ass up, the better."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Ladies, playing nice?" Stefan glanced between Katherine Pierce and Rebekah Mikaelson as he slid himself into a booth of the local cafe in the small town.

"There goes the neighborhood." The doppelganger huffed under her breath as she watched Damon and Evelyn booth slide into their seats.

"I see you got Katherine already," Damon spoke approvingly at Rebekah, then turned his eyes to Katherine. "You're losing your touch, evil one."

"Rebekah, I just want to thank you again for snapping my neck and pissing me off. I can assure you, I will return the favor." Evelyn's eyes remained firmly on the blonde Original, who glared back at her.