𝐒𝐈𝐗

CHAPTER SIX | THE MORE YOU IGNORE ME, THE CLOSER I GET 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

IT WAS SAFE TO SAY THAT EVELYN AUSTIN WAS ANNOYED. Stefan had made zero attempts to be there for her, and there she was running to his aid as soon as he asked. As she walked up to the Salvatore crypt, she could see Stefan stood in front of one of the stained glasses windows with his back to the door. The brunette furrowed her brows and couldn't shake the feeling of immense anxiety that ran through her as soon as she stepped closer.

"There she is." A familiar voice called out and suddenly Evelyn felt her heart skip a beat. She wasn't sure whether or not she was hallucinating, but she swore that she heard Damon's voice. She stepped further inside and saw the Salvatore stood opposite her wearing a blue shirt and a smirk on his face while he sipped a bottle of Bourbon. "Hm. You've gotten even more beautiful while I've been away."

"No, this isn't real. It can't be." The brunette shook her head in disbelief as she blinked few times. But, every single time she opened her eyes, she saw Damon's figured still in front of her. "I don't— I don't understand. What's happening? You were gone."

"Well, you didn't think I was gone gone, huh? I promised you a wedding. And, I promised my little brother an eternity of misery." Damon smirked as he clapped his hand onto Stefan's shoulder.

"What about Bonnie?" Stefan raised an eyebrow toward his brother, barely able to take in the fact that he was talking to his brother once again.

"She sacrificed herself so I could come back. But, I don't want anyone to know. There's no sense making this harder than it already is." Damon vaguely explained as his eyes flickered to Evelyn, who took a deep breath at the thought of Bonnie sacrificing herself.

"What are we gonna tell people?" Stefan asked once more.

"That's simple. She wasn't over there." Damon snaked his arm around Evelyn's waist and pulled her into his hold.

"And where is there, exactly?" Evelyn softly asked as she glanced upwards.

"Mystic Falls, 1994. I know. If a bunch of witches were gonna get together, and create some space-time purgatory, you'd think they'd pick a better year than the one that Kurt Cobain killed himself. The whole thing was just very depressing." Damon took a sip from the bourbon bottle and rolled his eyes.

"So, how did you get back?" His younger brother pressed for more answers, but it was obvious that Damon wasn't the least bit interested in explaining his journey. All he was interested in was Evelyn.

"Long story. Big flash of light. Two decades' worth of jet lag. I will explain all my adventures in that flannel hell-scape but first—" Damon smiled at Stefan, then glanced down to the woman whose arms were wrapped tightly around his waist. "—My fiancé and I deserve to be properly reacquainted."