𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SIXTEEN | BECAUSE THE NIGHT

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──

THE THREE VAMPIRES WALKED THE BUSY STREETS OF NEW YORK CITY. The place was the best place to be, especially for a vampire— there were so many people around, so many unsuspecting victims that the death would surely go unnoticed. It was perfect. Damon was busy reminiscing about his time in the city, while Elena appeared like she couldn't care less.

"You dragged me all the way to New York because you were feeling nostalgic?" Elena scoffed in a bored tone as she walked beside the two vampires.

"No. We dragged you to New York because in a matter of three days you managed to piss off everyone in Mystic Falls. A little more difficult to do in a city of millions." Damon explained as he gestured to the dozens of people around then.

"I was hungry."

"You were reckless." The Austin vampire retorted in a pointed tone which caused Elena to grunt under her breath.

"Look, all that matters is that when I lived here, I fed like crazy and had a blast and went undetected for years." Damon sighed, Elena clearly wasn't getting the point.

"So we're just here to have fun?" Elena eyed the pair up suspiciously. "What's the catch?"

"Why do you always assume we have an ulterior motive?" Evelyn rolled her eyes.

"There's no catch. Look, you wanted out, we got you out. You wanted to feed, I brought you to a city-sized-all-you-can-eat buffet." Damon finally got her attention. "That's the beauty of New York, there's so much life that a little death goes unnoticed. Now, come on." They turned into a bar just off the sidewalk. "Looks about right,"

"I was promised hedonism." Elena pointed out to the Salvatore while Evelyn made her way to the bar and poured herself a shot of vodka. She knew that if she was spending the day with emotionless-Elena, she would surely need it.

"Well, it's early." Damon rolled his eyes. "Hedonism isn't a big fan of the sunlight."

"Or soap."

"Girls got a point, where the hell are we?" Evelyn nodded in agreement with Elena and then turned her attention to Damon.

"Easy, judgy. I happened to like this place back in the day." Damon smirked with his eyes firmly on Evelyn. "Give it a couple of hours, this place will be crawling with more punked-out nihilists than you can eat in a decade, trust me. I spent most of the seventies here. The factory was too clean, CBGB's was too high-profile but Billy's— Billy's was the underground of the underground."

Damon got lost in his own thoughts and began to tell the two vampires all about his time in New York way back when. He killed some girls and gave their ID's to a guy named, Billy, who conventionally owned the bar. Damon and Billy gave new identities for vampires that were on the run. The Salvatore claimed it was his way of doing something good— That was until Lexi showed up to help him.