𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

CHAPTER FOUR | BLACK HOLE SUN

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

SINCE EVELYN'S THREAT, STEFAN SALVATORE HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO TAKE HER SERIOUSLY. He headed back to Whitmore, empty-handed, and explained the situation to Caroline and Alaric, but they were not happy about letting the humanity-free vampire slip through their fingers yet again. All they wanted was to get Evelyn's humanity back on, but it was clear the girl was not going to give in without a fight.

"We just need to be smarter than her," Caroline concluded as she anxiously paced up and down in Alaric's office at Whitmore, while Stefan and Alaric watched her. "I mean, the whole Whitmore-compelled-hostages-thing wasn't exactly hard. She had to know we'd come for her."

Stefan nodded in agreement with the frantic blonde. "Right, okay. So, what do you suggest, Caroline?"

"We find her. Lock her ass up until we trigger something inside her. She's Evelyn— she can't stay like this forever."

"No, guys. We can't just keep blindly doing this." Alaric Saltzman snapped with a pointed look on his face as Stefan and Caroline looked over to him, "Every single time we've tried to get her back, she retaliates— bigger. How long's it gonna be before she actually hurts someone because of us?"

"Last night at the bar, I think I saw a flicker of her humanity," Stefan admitted quietly, almost as if he were unsure of what he was saying. "I— It was only for a second."

Caroline's eyes widened. "Really? What happened?"

"There was this guy she was flirting with. Or, maybe he was flirting with her, I don't know. But, the point is, he called her baby." Stefan frantically began to put the pieces together in his head. "Honestly, when he called her that, I swore that I saw a flicker of anger."

"Emotion." Alaric trailed off slowly.

"And, emotion is what we need to get her back." The Forbes vampire concluded with a smile on her face. "Damon— it's got to be something to do with him. Even when we spoke about him while she was hauled up in the empty dorm, she looked like her world has collapsed the minute she heard his name."

"Okay. Then, what's what we do: Find her, lock her up and bombard her with every single moment she has ever shared with Damon until she turns it back on."

Stefan folded his arms across his chest while he raised his eyebrow. "Okay. But, one problem—How'd we find her?"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Evelyn smiled satisfactorily as the mind blew in her hair while she drove down the freeway. She felt free. One hand gripped the steering wheel lightly, while the other fiddled with the volume dial on the radio. The brunette vampire had absolutely no idea where she was headed, but she knew the further that she could get away from Mystic Falls, the better. Everyone in the small little town was so transfixed on forcing Evelyn to turn her humanity on and become herself again, but Evelyn wanted nothing more than to be somebody else.