𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

CHAPTER FIVE | THE WORLD HAS TURNED AND LEFT ME HERE 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

EVELYN TRULY THOUGHT THAT TURNING HER HUMANITY ON WOULD BE THE HARDEST PART ABOUT COMING BACK— SHE WAS WRONG. Coming to terms with what she had done, and attempting to make amends with the people that she had hurt along the way sucked just as bad as turning her humanity back on. Once Alaric and Stefan released her, she got herself straight and then headed straight to Caroline's dorm to apologize for everything.

"Knock, knock." Evelyn innocently spoke as she wandered into the dorm room to see Caroline, who had clearly just gotten out of the shower, with a confused look on her face. "Hey, don't worry. It's— it's me."

"Thank God," Caroline exclaimed loudly as she rushed over to the vampire and threw her arms around her. The Forbes girl had missed Evelyn more than she could even express. "Okay, so I know exactly why you're here right now, and you don't even need to bother with the whole speech because I forgive you, okay? You were grieving, and you were hurt, and it's okay."

Evelyn blinked slowly and a small scoff escaped her lips once Caroline detached herself from her. "Wow. I was honestly so scared for how the whole apology-tour was gonna go down, but you've— Care, you have every right to hate me. I did some horrible things."

"True. You did." Caroline nodded. "But, as I said, you weren't you. And, now you are so it's fine!"

"God, I've missed you so much!" Evelyn exhaled deeply as she dropped herself backward, onto Caroline's bed, then furrowed her brows at the lack of Elena in the room. "Huh. Where's Elena? Did she turn off her humanity, too?" The vampire joked.

"I don't know. She's probably at the hospital." Caroline shrugged, then immediately saw Evelyn's brows knit together. "She volunteers there sometimes."

"Interesting." Evelyn hummed softly, then a knock on the door caused the two vampires to glance at each other. Before Caroline even had a chance to open it, Stefan pushed it open and wheeled a large black trunk inside just before he kicked the door shut with his foot. "Uh. Because that's not weird at all."

"I need a favor." Stefan exhaled deeply, glanced between the two vampires, and then walked straight over to the curtains to yank them shut just as the lid of the trunk opened.

Evelyn and Caroline's eyes widened as Ivy's head popped out of the trunk, then she turned to look at Stefan with an irritated expression. "Where am I? What did you do?" Completely mesmerized, the two vampires blinked at each other with widened eyes, then at Stefan.

"Ivy? How did this happen?" The Forbes vampire slowly spoke with a tone of confusion, while Evelyn awkwardly cleared her throat.

"Oh, Enzo turned her." Stefan bluntly explained with a shrug.