𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

CHAPTER TWELVE | THE DEVIL INSIDE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ONCE EVELYN AND DAMON HAD WOKEN UP, THE COUPLE DECIDED TO BURY KATHERINE'S REMAINS. The Austin vampire had previously joked about how romantic it was to get rid of Katherine's remains with Damon at her side, but the Salvatore just shrugged it off. For Damon, the death of Katherine Pierce took a huge weight off of his shoulders because he blamed her for quite literally everything that happened. She was the author of everything— now she was gone.

"There was definitely something oddly satisfying about all of that," Evelyn hummed to herself as she and Damon headed back inside the Boarding House after getting rid of Katherine's corpse. The Austin vampire slipped her leather jacket from her arms and hung it on the coat rack.

"Therapeutic and all." Damon nodded in his girlfriend's direction as he propped the shovel up against the wall.

At the sound of Evelyn and Damon's entrance, Stefan immediately stepped into view with his arms folded across his chest and a pointed look on his face. "Where have you two been?"

"Just out." Damon shrugged with a nonchalant smile, though Stefan clearly was not buying it.

"Define out."

"One who hovers and sticks his nose into other people's business," Damon smirked and then swung his arm over his girlfriend's shoulder. "Oh, I'm sorry. I was defining annoying."

Stefan watched as Salvatore rubbing his shoes on the carpet. "That's funny."

"I thought so too," Evelyn smirked back, heavily sighed, and crossed her arms over her chest. "Katherine's disgusting corpse was making the house stink. Damon and I got rid of it. You can thank us later."

"Could be a bit of a problem." Stefan sheepishly admitted while he tilted his head to the left to reveal Nadia, Katherine's daughter.

Damon and Evelyn exchanged confused looked. "Oh? And why is that?"

"Because I'm here for Katherine's body," Nadia announced with a devilish grin plastered on her face just like the one Katherine used to give off. Evelyn shuttered at the resemblance.

Evelyn raised her eyebrow, looked the woman up and down then chuckled to herself. "I'm sorry, darling, but you're a little late. I believe the worms are busy chomping on her as we speak."

"You ain't gettin' it," Damon added on for his girlfriend, his words lacking any remorse.

At the sound of Katherine's remains being taken elsewhere, Nadia's eyes lit up with immediate rage. "My mother asked to be buried with her family in Bulgaria."

"And, nothing gives my girlfriend and I greater joy than to deny her dying wish." Damon sighed. He wandered over to the table and began to pour himself and Evelyn a drink.