Chapter 15

"I guess I'll talk to you later," I sighed while hopping out of Shay's mini van, "And thanks for the ride Mrs.Artzer." I waved to Shay's mom, receiving a wave back, then shut the back door.

Shay rolled down her window & spoke to me in almost a whisper, "Text me the details about the reunion. And see you at school tomorrow."

I nodded then playfully flicked her on the head, "See you tomorrow, Shay."

I waved one last time before turning on the heels of my feet & proceeded to walk towards the entrance of the peculiar restaurant Ashton had me meet him at. As I entered the building, I noticed how many teenagers around my age & adults in their twenties who were lounging around the place.

"Hey," I felt a tap on my shoulder while hearing the familiar voice.

Turning around, I spoke a simple, "Hi."

Ashton smiled & led me to a table that was secluded away from everyone. I sat across from him & began to tap my fingertips against the booth I was seated in.

Shortly after, a waitress came by & asked us what we'd like to drink. After our request were taken & the waitress left, Ashton started up the conversation.

"Let's get to business," even though we were alone he still spoke in a hushed voice, "Are you willing to tell me everything from the beginning?"

"Yeah, but why?" I asked the question a bit more harsh then I meant to but I wanted to know why he was so interested in this story.

"Niall didn't tell us much about the two of you, he spoke about you twenty-four seven but he hardly told anyone about how you two became a 'thing'."

There it was again. A 'thing'. I was asking myself the same thing, how had we become a 'thing'.

As I thought to myself, Ashton continued to talk, "One day, I was with him & he went on & on about how worried he was about you. He said you hadn't text him in over a week, hadn't called him, hadn't made any contact with him. And then, months later, I found you in a hot topic with a baby in your stomach which you claim to be his."

'Because it is his'.

"I just want to know what happened. Niall's worried sick about you, he's not the same."

I looked up to meet eyes with Ashton. The way he said 'he's not the same' showed he was hurt.

Before I could say anything, our waitress came back & set down our requested drinks. I thanked her & watched as she walked away & turned a corner towards the talkative teenagers in the other room.

I spun the straw around in my drink & kept my eye on the motion while I said, "You really want to know what happened?"

I looked up from my drink, noticing Ashton's nod as he answered, "Yeah."

It didn't take long for me to tell the story of mine & Niall's first encounter, to the carnival, to the guys in the alley, & so on. Ashton's expression hadn't changed until I began to tell him about the night at the hotel after I'd ran away.

I didn't go into detail about the whole sex part but I did explain why I wasn't able to text or call Niall. All the blame on Antonio of course. By the end of our 'story time', Ashton's expression had changed in many ways. He looked confused & a bit surprised by what I had just said.

"And that's how I ended up with a baby bump," I sighed before taking a sip from my drink.

"Oh," was all Ashton said.