Chapter 7

Months have past & Niall & mine relationship have been stronger than ever. Ever since the night I fell asleep with Niall at the hotel we've become like one.

No one knows about us still except for the boys which doesn't bother me at all. I've grown closer to them & realized how accurate the fandom was about them.

I still have my Instagram all about them but they don't know about it, thank god. I've had thoughts about deleting it after Niall & I first hooked up but I couldn't just leave my followers. They're like my family too so I had to keep it.

All they know is that I have a boyfriend who's a few years older than me & that's it.

All was perfect until one day I received a text from Niall when I was at Shay's house.

"Ummm, Madds, who's 'Niall'?"

"Huh?" I sat up off of the couch & saw her holding my phone.

"You got a text from Niall. Maddie, is there something you're not telling me?"

'Oh great,' I thought to myself.

"Ummm," I mumbled nervously.

I had to come up with something quick. Shay was almost staring into my soul as she waited for me to reply. I could tell she was getting annoyed when she began to tap her fingers on the coffee table.

"Okay okay. Niall is this guy.... I met..... who I'm, uh..... seeing...." my voice trailed off from the lie.

I thought Shay was going to call me out & investigate farther into who this guy was when instead she threw my phone up in the air as she screeched at the top of her lungs.

"You have a boyfriend?!"

I sat awkwardly on the couch & simply nodded.

"Oh my gosh Madds! Why didn't you tell me? How long have you guys been together? Is he cute? What's his actual name? How old is he? Does he like rock music? Like the good rock music, not the weird kind? Is he a good kisser? Tell me tell me tell me!"

I sat her down with a small laugh escaping my lips, "Calm down Shandra. Okay. I met him, uh," I took a second to think, "um, in the back of the gas station the night of the concert after we separated."

It wasn't a lie. I did meet Niall in the back of the gas station the night of the concert so I was still telling the truth.

"Really?! Oh my gosh Maddie! I'm so happy for you!"

"Uh, thanks?" Shay laughed her comment off which I did the same kind of awkwardly.

I told her more about this mystery dude who she'd never know was one of her idols. I explained little to her about him but she was already in love with the relationship.

We talked & talked & talked for hours. It was raining when I saw that I had to leave. Shay offered for her mom to give me a ride but I felt like going for a peaceful walk. It was just a light sprinkle when I first left Shay's.

I figured it'd take me about twenty to thirty minutes to make it back to my mom's & crossed my fingers that she wouldn't be upset with me.

It was such a gloomy Saturday afternoon with the gray clouds rolling in & the rain falling faster than before. My fingers clutched the inside of my jacket pocket as I stiffly walked down the side of the rode. My legs moved faster when the rain started to pour on me.

I was soaking wet when I finally made it home. I stepped in the doorway to be met eye to eye by my mother. "Where have you been?!"

"I was at Shay's. I lost track of the time, sorry." I stepped out of my shoes & placed my damp jacket on a hook by the door.