Chapter 39

"You think I'm beautiful?" I asked, in awe by his compliment.

"Of course I do," he nodded, "You're beautiful. Inside & out."

I continued to smile at his words. Although they weren't much, they were enough to make me feel adored.

"It's hard to believe you're single," he flashed me that innocent smile of his.

"I know. Who knew a pregnant fifteen year old wouldn't have boys falling at her feet," I laughed.

"Or girls," he added, mocking my laugh.

I shook my head, giggling at how adorable he was. He had that sweet & innocent side to him along with the other side that had me wanting to pounce on him like a puma. I continued to smile, gazing at his attractive looks & to die for smile.

He shot me an innocent wink, catching me by surprise. I felt my cheeks turning a bright red from his action, causing me to smile even wider. He stopped his footsteps, having me stand next to him. I raised an eyebrow, unsure of what we were doing. He answered my unasked question when he held my face in his hand, crashing his soft lips to mine.

My first instinct was to push away because I had someone else but I realized ... I didn't. I was as single as ever but still carried the baggage from mine & Niall's relationship. I pushed passed these thoughts & kissed Johnny back.

My fingers tangled through his small curls, his hands finally resting on my overly large, birthing hips.

Did I feel something? Yeah, I'd say I did. Was it like my first kiss with Niall? Not at all. Nothing would ever compare to any kiss we shared but that was over now; we were over now.

On the bright side, I had Johnny. A cute, ooberly adorable Freshman who hasn't been a complete dick to me so far. Things weren't too bad after all, at least, not at this moment.

2018

"I'm glad you could meet with me," I smiled.

"Yeah, same to you," Ashton mocked my smile as he held open the door to the familiar coffee shop.

I stepped in, feeling a remembrance of the conversation we had only four years ago. When I was a confused fifteen year old.

We ordered our drinks, then settled down at the same table we were at before. Nothing had really changed about the old brick building. Possibly a bit of work to keep it from falling to pieces in the near future but besides that, it looked almost the exact same.

"How's the little one?" Ashton asked, taking a sip of his coffee.

"She's great," I smiled, "She's being watched by a friend of mine right now."

"I'd love to see your little Maddie junior again."

I laughed at his comment, enjoying the fact that she was still known as my mini me, "She looks more like her daddy than anything."

"Since we've brought up Niall," he cleared his throat before continuing on, "that's kind of why I called to meet with you."

"Yeah?" I cocked my head, "And why's that?"

He half shrugged, almost as if he weren't sure himself, "I think it's time to tell him."

His words made my stomach turn over. It still overwhelmed me to think of revealing all of these secrets from the past four years to a famous band member who probably doesn't even remember me. My existence is most likely a poof of thin air to me.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah," he nodded, "Things have gone on for too long. It is his child too, ya know."