Chapter 40

After about fifteen minutes of admiring Spencer's work, the three of us sat on the concrete ground with our backs against the wall. Spencer turned on a calm, acoustic song from his phone that played throughout the large building with help from the Bluetooth speakers he had fixed in there.

"Happy Valentine's day," he smirked, resting his elbow against the edge of my shoulder.

"Looks like we can celebrate be single now that Shay has her boy toy."

"He's my boyfriend, not boy toy," she corrected him, cracking a smile.

"Actually," I raised a finger, "I think Spencer may be the only single one here."

Spencer & Shay perked up, both raising eyebrows as they stared into me.

"Care to explain my dear child, the one with the fetus in her stomach," Spencer cracked a smile, flipping his fringe out of his face in a swift movement.

Laughing at his words, I nodded. Being the innocent teenager I was, I struggled a bit before actually having the courage to explain.

"Johnny & I -when we were at the mall- he kinda kissed me-"

"Oooooh," Shay cooed.

Blushing from her action, I continued, "It wasn't just a regular kiss though. It was-"

"A baby making kiss?"

"I'm going to punch you, emo. Let her finish."

"You're the one who had to 'ooooooh' first."

"I'm going to hurt y-"

Pressing a hand against either one of their faces, my voice echoed throughout the building as I exclaimed, "Will you two shut your mouths for one second?!"

Silence filled the room as I sat back, relaxed against the rough wall before the two nimrods broke out into a series of laughs. I laughed along with them, not the kind of bitch to stay stubborn during one of our idiot moments.

"Anywho," smiling, I continued, "I felt sparks with this kiss with Johnny. It was like . . . like when I was with Niall except it missed something. But I have no clue what could have been missing from that perfect moment."

"It's because your heart longs for someone else," Spencer shook his head to fluff out his hair before flipping the fringe out of his face, "Yeah, the actions you proceed to do with another guy may make your heart beat as though you're in love . . . but you're not. You're just replacing the person you love with someone else who doesn't fully meet the standard you've longed for from the person you love most. It's the same actions but different people. It doesn't seem that big of a change but it is. It changes everything when it's not the person whose heart you hold within you."

"Very well spoken my dear emo," Shay applauded, giving him the biggest smile I've seen on her.

"Why thank you," he nodded, mocking her smile.

In that moment, I felt light headed. My stomach began to turn over, my head was pounding from what I guessed was a huge migraine, my body was cold, too cold for the heat that roamed in & out of the rooms of the building. My heart rate increased at an all time high, my chest was rising & falling much more rapidly than before.

The sickest feeling overcame my body yet I had no clue what it was from. There was no comparison with this feeling & the feeling of having a cold or being dehydrated. It felt absolutely horrible, more mentally than physically.

I have to get out of here I told myself.

Before Shay or Spencer could ask what was wrong, I ran out of the room. I ran down the hallways, carefully making my way down the long flight of stairs but keeping a quick pace. I could hear the voices of my friends calling out for me, their footsteps pattering against the concrete steps following after me echoing through the empty halls.