Chapter 13

I proceeded with what to do then waited. I placed the test on the counter next to the box & sighed quietly. After a few minutes went by, I finally took a look at the item.

My eyes widened as the beating of my heart increased. The uneasy feeling in my stomach grew when my eyes saw the little pink plus sign.

"Oh," my voice quivered.

I let a few tears fall when I thought of what would happen with this, this 'problem'.

I heard a few knocks at the door led by Shay's comforting voice, "Maddie? You in there?"

I looked back to the mirror & wiped the tears away good enough not to smear my make up too much. I hesitantly opened the door & pulled Shay into the bathroom with me.

She looked at me from head to toe, cocked an eyebrow, then asked, "What's wrong?"

I looked over to the box on the counter & nudged my head to give her the hint. She looked at me confused at first then soon realized what I meant.

"But are you...." she trailed off without finishing the question.

I nodded & bit down on my bottom lip, holding back the tears.

"But how?"

I let the tears stream down my face & sighed. My body slid back against the bathroom wall as I took a seat on the cold tile floor. Shay sat next to me & wrapped her arm around my shoulder, trying to comfort me.

"Remember when I ran away?"

"Yeah."

I wiped a tear & spoke as my voice wavered, "I-I met Niall there & things got heated."

"Maddie, who's Niall? What's his real name?"

As much as I knew I should tell her the truth I couldn't. It wasn't time yet to tell her it was actually Niall.

"His name is actually Niall." I still wasn't lying, I was just holding back from detailing who Niall was.

"Where is he now?"

'Jesus Shay, why do you have to keep asking so many questions'.

"I don't know."

"But then how-"

"We decided to meet one day & we met. He doesn't live here."

Shay formed an 'o' with her lips then hugged me close to her. "When are you going to tell him?"

"I don't know."

I'm not going to tell him. I'm not able to tell him. There's no way in hell do I have a way in telling him. And it's all thanks to that curly haired nuisance.

I stayed held in Shay's arms for a good twenty minutes, crying silent tears, before we heard a knock at the door.

The familiar voice of the clerk quietly spoke, "Madison, Shay, I have to close up shop."

I wiped away my tears then threw away the pregnancy test in the trash bin before unlocking the bathroom. As I stepped out I saw that no one was in the store anymore. Only Shay, the clerk, & I.

"I take it that it's a yes?"

I turned & met eye to eye with the young guy & nodded, "y-yeah."

He patted me on the shoulder as he spoke, "You'll be a good one. You're mature for your age, you'll get the hang of it."

I sniffed my nose & nodded, "Thanks."