Chapter 37

When I woke up I saw I was alone. For a moment, I believed last night was a dream until I found a piece of paper on my night stand.

'Went home to get ready, see you at school. ~Spencer'

I smiled at the small letter before forcing myself out of bed. I got a good nights rest but was still tired from all the bullshit I was full on. So much had happened over the weekend; so much more will happen this week. Not to mention therapy after school today. I was not in any mood to share my feelings.

The day dragged on as slow as it could. I was close to splashing Antonio with some chemical compound in chemistry. I was still angry with him about dropping my phone into vinegar months ago but he was still a cutie. A smart ass, but a cutie.

I talked to Johnny a bit in honors geometry; the only highlight of the day. After school, I had a fifty minute session discussing how I felt & how much I dislike my mother with my therapist. Although she wasn't going to therapy to help us anymore, I still thought I'd go for the last few weeks my mother already had paid off. It was quite a nuisance at times but at least I had someone to talk to.

Tuesday went by much quicker than Monday yet it was still slow & felt time consuming. Wednesday finally came. We made arrangements were I wouldn't have to excuse myself from school but only from therapy. I talked Austin into letting me skip therapy since I've gone the past few sessions which he agreed on.

The school day went by abnormally fast; I was thankful for that. By the help of my own two feet for transportation, I found myself in front of a coffee shop I didn't even know existed in this town.

"Central park, hmf," I mumbled to myself after reading the large sign placed above the entrance.

I waited for Ashton with my back leaned against the brick wall of the building. It was a cute little place. What I guess were old apartments but now a coffee shop; I liked it.

I was close to leaving & forgetting about it all after twenty minutes of waiting until I saw a familiar figure walking towards me. Skinny jeans, a Def Leppard shirt, & a jean jacket. It was definitely Ashton.

He smiled when he pulled me in for a tight, comforting hug, "Long time no see, yeh?"

"Yeah," I smiled back.

"How have you & the little one been?" He asked with a small chuckle.

"Good, great. What about you yourself? How have you been, Ash?"

"I've been better but enough about me," he opened the entrance door of the shop for me like the gentleman he is, "let's get on to talking about you & my mate, yeh?"

"Yeah, okay," I nodded as I stepped into the shop.

We ordered our coffees before finding a spot somewhat secluded away from everyone else in the building. I was surprised no one recognized him yet but then remembered he wasn't as well known as I thought of him to be & this neighborhood was like a ghost town.

I took a sip of my mocha as I embraced the feeling of sitting across from a band member; a cute & sweet band member.

"How do I start," he began, his smile turning into a small frown.

"Tell me every detail. Even if you do believe I'll break down, still tell me. I want to know how he's doing."

Ashton nodded before he spoke in a low, quiet whisper, "Honestly, I believe Niall has become depressed. He's not the same, he won't admit to it but I know he's not as happy as he used to be. All he wants to do is sleep or be alone when he has free time. But Maddie, when Louis or Harry or one of the guys brings you up in a conversation, something sparks in Niall. His eyes are filled with life; he's back to his old, cheery self. But once you're off topic, he goes back to being the new sad, lonesome Niall."