Chapter 20

"Oh no," Shay spoke as she tried to place her hand on my shoulder to comfort me.

I shrugged away & turned on my heels, running towards the exit of the gymnasium as tears violently streamed down my face.

"Madds," Shay called out to me but was ignored as I ran from the scene.

The memory played back in my head over & over again. Even though Walker & I were only there as friends, I still held a pain in my heart after seeing him lock lips with another girl.

I shouldn't be crying over him, it's not like we're dating or anything, but I thought we would be more than just two people hanging out at a dance. I thought we would be something. My thoughts were all wrong. I now knew he wasn't interested in me.

He probably just brought me as an excuse to make googly eyes with miss perfect from across the room then hook up when I was out of sight. It shouldn't surprise me. A guy as gorgeous as him being a total jerk.

Maybe he did intend to ask me out, then once I told him about Maddie junior his mind instantly changed. It wasn't shocking if he'd do that. He is one of the most well known guys in the school, he wouldn't want to ruin his reputation by dating a pregnant sophomore.

The same thought made me think of Niall. Would he be the same if he knew about the baby? Be ashamed to walk around with a pregnant fifteen year old who he calls his girlfriend? Thoughts like this clouded my mind as I ran out the doors of the gym.

In a matter of seconds, I collided with a tall slender body in the parking lot. "Hey girlie watch were you- Maddie?"

I looked up to meet eyes with the familiar hazel ones from earlier this evening.

Spencer.

I wrapped my arms around his waist as I cried a river of tears. He held me in his arms, not shocked but confused to why I was a crying mess.

At that moment, all I needed was for someone to hold me & tell me everything was going to be okay. I didn't care if it was a stranger I had just met that night, I needed a person to tell me my life wasn't over & that I wasn't a total failure.

I didn't know why I was being so dramatic over one little kiss, maybe it was the hormones? Who knows. All I knew was that there was a pain in my chest that wouldn't go away. A pain I only felt during my toughest times. It was killing me inside & out.

Spencer wiped a tear from my cheek, along with the mascara that now stained my face, "Let me take you inside the school so you can clean up, yeh?"

I nodded & followed him as he led me to a back door that was opened ajar. Several lights throughout different hallways were turned on but there was no sign of anyone else in the large building.

I had Spencer follow me into the bathroom as I washed my face, removing all the makeup that covered my tear stained cheeks.

"What happened?" He asked as he handed me a paper towel.

I wiped away the water from my face then spoke, barely able to get the words out without wanting to cry, "I saw Walker k-kissing-"

Spencer cut me off before I could finish, "He kissed another girl?"

I nodded, not answering, afraid I would break if I spoke another word.

"That son of a bitch," he cursed as his hands became fists. "I'll be right back," he muttered in an irritated tone.

I watched as he exited the bathroom, leaving me alone. I wasn't go to stay in there by myself & I was curious of what he was going to do.

I followed him, but stayed back a few feet away so he wouldn't see me. I became worried as he pushed through to get into the gymnasium. I soon realized what, or should I say who, he was aiming at.