Chapter 33

"We should get something to eat, yeh?"

"Huh?" I asked.

I was so worried with my thoughts that I forgot there was a nothing human being sitting right next to me.

"Are you hungry?" Spencer asked.

"Mhmm."

He jumped up from his spot & extended his arm out towards me, "Get up, let's get Shay, & we'll eat."

I nodded & placed my palm into Spencer's. He pulled me up off of the ground, making me squeal as I stumbled over my feet.

"It's because I'm pregnant," I smiled.

"I don't think clumsiness is a side affect of being pregnant," Spencer flicked my shoulder, laughing.

I followed him down the hall where we found Shay. "I'm finished!" She exclaimed as we entered the now fluorescent green room.

"Did you double coat it?" I asked.

"Double coat?" She cocked her head at me.

"Never mind," Spencer broke her from her confusion, "we're going to eat so unless you want to spend the even in this horror movie building I suggest you come with us."

Shay nodded before throwing her paintbrush behind her & following us down the hall. It was early afternoon as we left the eerie yet exciting building. I was now the one sitting next to Spencer in his truck, being the boundary between him & Shay.

"How come you're not sick?"

I looked over to Shay with a raised eyebrow, confused by her question, "Huh?"

"I thought when someone's pregnant they can't stand the strong smell of certain things such as paint?"

"Oh," I shrugged, "I guess I'm the exception."

Spencer slightly elbowed me as he turned onto the highway, "Stealing my line, yeh?"

I smiled, "Mhmm."

***

"Is it raining again?"

I stood up from my spot on the couch & walked over to the covered window. My hand moved away the fabric of the curtains as my eyes looked outside, watching the rain pour into the brick streets of Shay's street.

"Mhmm," I answered her question.

"Sweet," Spencer gleamed a smile, "let's go dancing."

"Dancing?" I laughed.

"Yeah!" Shay cheered, jumping up from her seat next to Spencer.

"It's pouring outside & we're most likely to catch a cold if we do," I informed the two.

"Oh come on, Madds," Spencer smiled as he walked towards, "just one little dance, in the beautiful mists of the earth, won't hurt you."

"Then watch Shay's parents come home & beat her ass."

"Hey, they're gone for the next three hours! Have some fun, Juno!"

I rolled my eyes at Shay's comment. I continued to refuse to the plan of dancing in the rain. They both continued to argue with me until I finally gave in, following them outside after putting on my jacket.

"Call your boy toy over!" Shay exclaimed as she ran into the empty street in front of her home.

"I barely know him. That would be weird!" I spoke while Spencer pulled me from under the dry balcony of the front porch, forcing me into the rain.