Chapter 10

"There's nothing to talk about." I really hated to be one of those girls who kept everything to themselves & would argue twenty-four seven with their family but for some reason I felt as if for the moment right now I should be one of them. Just for now.

"I'm not going to be mad-"

"I don't understand why you'd get mad. My mom was being a real bitch, you know she is one, & I left. I'm actually surprised I hadn't run away sooner."

"I know you don't like her but its still disrespectful to call her that," Jacob said as he reached over the seat to place a hand on my shoulder.

"I said it & I'm not taking it back. I hate that women."

"Hate's a strong word," Austin spoke as he kept his eyes on the road.

"Yeah, I know. That's why I said it. Do we really have to talk about this?"

"Yes, we do."

"Oh fuck," I sighed.

"Watch your mouth. Yeah, I know we can be the fun cousins & stuff & are always on your side but you can't just do this."

At the moment I really just wanted to tell Austin to fuck off & hop out of the car. I'd run to god knows where & start a new life & forget about the awful one I have now.

But I couldn't do that. Yeah, it'd be better than having to live with that horrible women I call mom but I couldn't leave. I'd die of guilt before I even got anywhere in life.

"Maddie," Jase said calmly, "just listen to us. We know how your mother acts but she can't help it."

"Actually, she can if she took her pills like she's supposed to. Oh wait, she doesn't buy her pills but instead goes partying every weekend."

Eli stopped me before I could add anything else, "Maddie, listen to your cousin."

I couldn't talk back to Eli. It just didn't feel right if I did so I kept my mouth shout & let Jase continue on.

"Just please, never & I mean never leave like that again. None of us could sleep when your mother called saying you weren't home. You're like our sister, kiddo. We just want you to be safe & want to protect you from any danger. Can you promise us you'll talk with one of us or someone instead of running off?"

"Yeah," I mumbled as I tilted my head against the car window.

The rest of the car ride was dead silent except for the faint sound of the radio. No one dared to talk to me when we arrived at Austin's apartment. I walked in & hurried to the spare bedroom where I could live peacefully without anyone's annoyance.

The first thing I did was charge my phone while looking through my notifications & feed on Instagram. I decided to give a small portion of what happened tonight to my followers.

I posted a picture & shortened the events that occurred except for mine & Niall's affection towards each other at the hotel earlier.

My eyes grew heavy after twenty minutes & seeing that it was almost four in the morning I decided I should get some sleep.

I locked my phone & placed it on the nightstand before lying down in the bed. I felt like I was forgetting something important & couldn't think of what it could be. I shook it off & closed my eyes, instantly falling to sleep.

The next day I woke up unsure of where I was. I fluttered my eyes open & soon remembers I was at Austin's place.

"Oh god it's Sunday," I groaned while stretching my arms out.