Chapter 5

I started out with telling Niall about my father being an alcoholic then retold the story of what had happened last night. We talked on the phone for hours before I had to say goodbye when my phone was about to die.

"One last thing Maddie,"

"Yeah?"

"I-I want to meet you again. Maybe next month when the boys & I are on our break I can see you again, yeh?"

"Yeah, of course Niall."

"Okay. Um, I'll let you go Maddie. I'll talk to you later princess."

Like the first time he called me that, a flush of warmth rose to my cheeks. We said our goodbyes & I ended the call.

I hadn't realized until now that I was back on the kitchen floor with my back leaning against a cabinet. I stood up & walked back to my room.

I stopped quite rapidly when I past a mirror in the hallway. A gasp left from my lips when I noticed the blue & brown bruises left on my shoulders from the incident. A chilling shiver was sent down my spine from the memory. I had to leave this house.

I was going to call Austin when my phone died on me. I decided I'd just have to walk to his apartment. I packed all my belongings back into my bag, threw my phone in & left.

I knew it would take me at least an hour to get to Austin's place. I was just happy it wasn't an extremely hot summer day & that there was a cool breeze.

***

"Maddie? What are you doing here?" Eli looked at me more concerned than usual.

"It's a long story. Is Austin home?"

He shook his head, "No, him & Jacob went to hang out with some friends at the baseball diamonds. Come in."

I gave him a thankful smile & sat on the couch. He sat in the recliner & asked again why I was there. I told him the brief story of what happened.

It ended with him & I on the couch together & me crying in his arms. I told him about how much I couldn't stand my mother & how bipolar she was towards me.

Then we talked even more. He told me he knew I shouldn't have stayed with my mother & that it would be worse with my father.

We agreed that I could move into the guest bedroom for the next few weeks no matter what Austin, Jacob or my mother said. When the two came home we told them & they were fine with it.

Austin took me to my mothers & after a long talk she agreed that I'd stay there the next three weeks. We decided that I'd move that night. I packed almost all the things most dearest to me & left my mother with just a simple goodbye.

***

"Tonight's the night."

"Yeah, I know. But where do you want to go?"

"I had something special in mind." Niall told me where & when to meet him.

I told Austin I was going to hang out with some friends & snuck out of the apartment. The place wasn't too far away so I decided to walk.

I guessed it'd be him & the boys but guessed wrong when I saw him alone, standing by the entrance of the fair.

"Hey princess," he smiled & pulled me in for a tight hug.

"Hey Niall." My body still filled with joy & excitement whenever I saw or talked to him.

"I forgot all about this."