Chapter 9

I wrapped a towel around my body as I stepped out of the shower. A chill of cold air nipped at my bare arms causing me to shiver.

I noticed a pair of joggers & a T-shirt placed on the sink counter. Niall must have placed them there for me while I was rinsing myself off. I smiled at how sweet he was then began to dress myself.

As I pulled his shirt over my head I took in the smell of his cologne. The familiar smell sent a memory to myself of just an hour ago when Niall's muscular body was hovering over my smaller one.

I made sure to tie the back of the shirt with a ponytail I had to make it look less baggy on me. After, I brushed my fingers through my hair then shook my head like a wet dog. It was a habit I had.

The towel was thrown over the shower door & I picked up the rest of my clothes from off the floor before exiting the bathroom.

Niall was lying in the bed in only his briefs when I walked in. He propped his upper body up on his elbows & shot me a cute smile.

I tossed my clothes on the bedroom floor & laid next to Niall in the large bed. His arm wrapped around my waist & pulled my body closer to his.

I felt his teeth grave at my earlobe as he spoke into my ear, "Stay the night with me, yeh?"

I continued to smile & placed my hand over his, "Yeah."

"You're so beautiful, darling," his voice softened as he nuzzled his head into the crook of my neck.

"So beautiful."

His sweet voice soothed me with every word he spoke. I couldn't try to stop the butterflies in my stomach when he called me 'darling'. Every time I heard his voice I was in my own little world.

A shiver ran down my spine when Niall's soft lips pressed against my neck. He began a trail from my neck to my jawline then my jawline to the corner of my lips.

I turned on my side & inched forward for a kiss when I was interrupted by the ringtone of my phone. I groaned while grabbing my phone from off the nightstand.

I gave Niall an apologetic look & motioned that I was going to take the call in the other room. He nodded & was given a kiss on the cheek by me before I exited the bedroom & shut the door for privacy in the living area.

I exhaled a deep breath before answering the call. "H-hello?" I stammered as I realized I had no way out of this.

"Madds, where are you? We're all worried sick about you." I heard a big commotion in the background as Jameson spoke to me in an awfully worried tone.

"Um, at a friend's house." I could hear someone on the other end asking if it was me & another asking where I was.

"Madison," he sighed, "you do realize you can't just run away like that? I know your mother can be tough on you but you just can't leave like that. Something could have happened to you kiddo."

I leaned my back against a wall & slid down slowly as I replied, "I know, I know. I just needed some time away, ya know? And sometimes I can't get that time away when I'm with you guys."

"I know Madds, I know. Tell me where you are though. I can pick you up & bring you to my house or Austin's."

"I can just be dropped off."

"No, I'm picking you up." His offer soon turned into more of a demand.

I sighed & told him the hotel. He was going to be at least twenty minutes, if not more, before he would arrive. I ended the call then entered the bedroom again.