Chapter 22

2018

Niall's POV

"Why the hell didn't you tell me this?!" I exclaimed.

My feet paced back & forth across the hotel floor. I was more angry than worried at this point. For four years I tried the hardest I could to find this girl who I loved but everything I tried led me no where & now I found out why I haven't been successful.

It wasn't my fault. I didn't want to blame her for it all but I knew it wasn't myself to point fingers at either. The one thing I wanted to do was beat Ashton's head in for not telling me, for keeping it a secret from me for as long as he did.

"She told me not to. I wasn't going to ignore her request," he answered back, his eyes staring down at the converse he wore.

"It shouldn't matter! I have a child I could've helped raise with her. I have a child for God's sake! Does this mean nothing to you? Would it mean nothing to you if you found out that after four long years of trying to find the girl you loved you found out she was pregnant with your child? That she was raising your child all on her own?"

"Niall," Ashton sighed, "I hate to say it like this, but you brought this upon yourself."

I cocked my head at him & asked, "What do you mean?"

"I'm just saying, if you hadn't have done anything with Maddie at the hotel that night, we wouldn't have had this problem."

His words struck me, but not in a good way. The tone of his voice annoyed me, everything he was doing was annoying me.

Why was I being so negative to Ash now? Was it because I was so angry? Or because he lied to me for years about Maddie & our child?

My emotions got the best of me & I soon found myself shoving Ashton into a wall, clenching the collar of his shirt in the fist of my hand. I knew I was frightening him by my action, but it satisfied me. He deserved a few fists to the face for not telling me. I was having second thoughts on the idea of beating the kid senseless but there still was that fire inside me still burning that wanted to see him in pain.

Present Day

Madison's POV

"Last minute Christmas shopping is such a blast," I spoke sarcastically while rolling my eyes.

Spencer chuckled, shaking his head at me, "I told you we should've gone last week, but no, we had to wait until Christmas Eve."

"Eh, I'm pregnant, that's why I waited."

"You can't use that for an excuse on everything."

I smiled as we continued to walk through the packed mall, "I can. I'm pregnant which makes me tired more frequent therefor, I waited until the last second to buy gifts. It's simple."

"I'm not surprised," he smirked at me.

I rolled my eyes playfully before dragging him into a store. I searched for the last thing on my list, a gift for Shay.

My eyes wandered around the horrifyingly bright store, trying to find the perfect present for her. She loved anything bright & hipster. It was way different from my style but I grew used to her likings in clothes.

After receiving odd looks from several girls in the store, I was beginning to feel irritated. I noticed how they stared at Spencer with appalling looks then to me as if I murdered one of them.

The Spencer part I could understand, he wasn't the most normal looking kid but he was still one of the kindest & coolest guys I've ever met. I was wearing an oversized hoodie that hid my tummy pretty well but the thought of making matters worse seemed to excite me.