Chapter 31

It was fifteen minutes or so listening to Spencer's screamo music, packed tightly like sardines in his truck, before we came to our final destination at the mall.

"So, will you tell me where you work now?" I asked Spencer as we walked into the entrance of the large building.

"You'll see," he smiled as we turned right, towards all the 'skinny people' stores.

"Ew," I scoffed as we walked passed an Aeropostale.

"I love that store," Shay teased.

"I love this store," Spencer smiled, stopping in front of a Hot Topic.

"Same," I agreed.

"Okay, I'm off to work, see ya," he waved to me.

"You work at the Hot Topic?!" I exclaimed with a smile spreading across my face.

"Yes, I work at a Hot Topic. Feel free to stop by. By the way, you're store is right down there," he said while pointing towards the candy store about five stores down.

"Sweet," I smiled.

"See you in a bit, Juno," he smiled to me before looking towards Shay, "I'll see you in a bit as well my little preppy."

"Have fun, emo!" She joked as we ran off to the candy store.

Spencer looked to make sure no one was looking then playfully flipped us off before entering the dark & gloomy store that fit him perfectly. Shay & I quietly laughed at his action to her comment before stepping into her new work.

"Wait here," she told me before she stepped into what I guessed was the back room.

I swayed on the heels of my feet as I waited for her to return. I noticed a group of boys around my age enter the store. My confidence decreased after noticing how attractive they were.

Just act normal, Madds. Maybe they won't even notice the huge bump under your shirt.

Pff, sure.

I pulled out my phone as a distraction from the guys & acted as if I were texting someone to seem less awkward. I hadn't notice them staring until I heard a whistle coming from one of them. I looked up & noticed all eyes were on me from the teenage guys.

"Hey, girl," one nodded towards me.

I looked back to my phone & ignored him. I didn't want to be a bitch but the last time I fell, or thought I fell, for a boy I found out he was a complete jerk. Then my brand new emo friend beat the shit out of him so it wasn't too bad in the end.

It still sucked ass for that to happen. For it to happen again would probably make me have the urge to shank someone's eye out with a pencil.

And who the actual hell says hey girl? Seriously, if he wants me he should be all sweet & all hello beautiful. I looked back up & could see them sharing whispers with each other. Umm, okay?

A moment later, Shay walked back out with a new shirt on. In her hand, she held another shirt like hers.

"He said yes," she cheered.

I smiled & took the shirt from her, "Thanks, Shay."

"You can change in the back."

I nodded before following her through the door to the back room & into a small enclosed room. She opened the door to a small bathroom where I changed into my new 'uniform'.

"Where's our boss," I asked her.

"Oh, he left after I asked. He was in a hurry or something, I don't know."