Chapter 41

"I have a feeling you're actually straight, trying to fool me into kissing you because I think you're a gay boy," a smirk appeared on my face while I playfully flicked Spencer's cheek.

"Oh no, you caught me," he held his hands up in defense, a smile forming on his lips.

"You're an idiot."

"You can't live without me."

I sighed, falling back onto my bed, "You're right, I can't."

Spencer fell back, collapsing next to me with a groan as he made contact with the sheets, "Do you have any black nail polish?"

"I don't paint my nails."

"You're a girl."

"That doesn't mean anything," a smirk played on my lips, "you're a boy."

"Yes, I realize that I have male reproductive organs, Madison. But it's more uncommon for a white teenage girl not to paint her nails than it is for an emo boy to ask for black nail polish."

"No, it's uncommon for a white teenage girl not to like Starbucks or have a white iPhone."

"Whatever, just answer the question," he groaned.

"I told you, I don't paint my nails therefor I wouldn't have any nail polish."

Spencer groaned.

"Why do need it anyways?"

He groaned again.

"Spence," mocking his groan, I flicked his shoulder.

"To paint my nails, why else would I need it?"

"I don't know. You're a weird kid, you do weird things."

"Madison," he began, "you are just as weird."

"Our weirdness is very compatible," I smiled.

"True."

Our conversation ended when the sound of a light buzz filled the room. Reaching for my phone from the nightstand, I released a groan. A smile played on my face when I saw who was calling.

"Can I?" I asked, pouting out my lip.

"Go ahead, but put it on speaker," he nodded.

"Ugh, fine."

I did as requested, answering Johnny's call with a simple 'hey'.

"Hey, Maddie. I hope I'm not calling too late," I imagined him awkwardly scratching the back of his neck like he always does when he's nervous.

"No, it's fine. I wasn't doing anything anyways."

Spencer frowned at my reply, flicking my elbow like the nark he was.

"Oh, um, okay. I was maybe wondering. . . if -uh- if . . ."

"If . . ." Spencer whispered to me, mocking Johnny's nervous state with a smirk placed on his lips.

Pressing my hand against his face to silence him, I gave him an annoyed glare.

"If you would maybe consider being my girlfriend?"

Well shit.

"That sounds awesome," I smiled, trying my hardest not to sound too overjoyed. "Great. Hey, I have to go. I'll talk to you sometime soon."

"Alright, talk to you soon."

After one last good-bye I ended the call, smiling up at the ceiling as I dropped the device onto my over grown stomach. Everyone said a freshman & a sophomore together was the worst relationship possible. If that was true, we were in the shit hole. Especially when the sophomore is five months pregnant who's not even her boyfriend's kid.