Chapter 30

A month had passed since Spencer's 'accident'. He had moved out of his parents' house & in with one of his older cousins. He seemed happier now that he was away from those monsters. He still kept the emo look & continued to think deep about the world & life. He was still the same old Spencer, only happier.

Shay was more in love than ever. Her & J.C. were together almost twenty-four seven. They never let each other out of their sight. I had to admit, they were cute together. Her & Spencer still bickered back & forth about meaningless comments.

Then there was me. In that one month, I grew a size larger. My pants started to shrink; my shirts were becoming short. It was a living nightmare trying to find clothes to wear that would actually fit me.

At first, the only bad part was clothes not being able to fit but in the middle of that month was when it hit me. When the same nightmare played through my head every single night. I told my therapist, he told me it could be several things. To me, it was most likely the loss in my heart for Niall.

The dream made no sense but somehow tied into mine & that gorgeous boy's relationship. I was prescribed some pills to help it, I guessed, but they didn't help. Nothing did. It was the fact that I missed Niall.

There was a pain in my heart just by thinking of him. It's not like I could just tell myself to stopping feeling this way for him. Especially when his face popped up on my feed every five seconds.

Then, I became a walking zombie for a week at school. I was too concerned about the nightmares that I forced myself to stay awake then sleep for three hours. And lucky me, the nightmares went away. But my body was so weak. It felt like I would fall asleep at any moment. After that, the nightmares came back.

They continued until one Friday in the first week of February. Shay & I were walking down the halls of our school like any other day. It was the end of the day, the halls were filled with obnoxious teenagers. We made our way through the crowd of people & to our usual visiting spot.

"This is so exciting," Shay clapped her hands with a smile.

"It's just finding out the gender."

"No, it's more than just that! You're going to find out if you're having a mini Maddie or a mini Niall!"

I shot her a death stare, forcing her smile into a frown.

"Sorry," she apologized.

As we waited for Spencer, I noticed the stares I received from people who would walk by. Not surprisingly, most of the stink eyes came from females.

"Why don't they just take a picture, it'll last longer," I groaned.

"What's wrong?" Shay cocked her head to the side.

"It's just- Everyone stares at me like I'm some sort of alien. Have they never seen a person impregnated with a child in there womb?"

"Just ignore them, Madds. Haters gonna hate."

I gave her a half smile at the statement. Seconds later, my emo boy turned the corner & greeted me with a hug, "Hey, Juno."

"Hey," I laughed.

Shay hugged him after me before we headed towards the entrance of the school.

"If it's a boy-"

I cut Spencer off, "His name will not be Blade."

He laughed at my comment as we gathered in his truck. Shay & I looked to each other as we heard the awful music playing from the speaker.

"What the actual hell?" Shay questioned.