Chapter Thirty

Chapter 30: it's time

+Lauren's POV+

"Can we take this off yet?" I ask Zayn trying not to move so I wouldn't crack the mold.

Zayn checks the time on his watch and stands up from the side of the tub waking towards me the plastic crinkling underneath his feet.

We decided to mold my belly today I'm exactly 38 weeks pregnant. The whole thing is messy which is why we're in the bathroom with plastic covering the tiles.

"Yea, sit up and I'm gonna pull it off,"

Zayn grabs the sides of the mold as I slowly sit up and he gently pulls it off. The mold was perfect, the imprint of my breasts and my protruding stomach. The plaster covered my legs and belly still.

"It turned out great," I say as Zayn sets it down on the plastic. He nods walking over to the counter to clean the mess.

I turn the shower on striping of my shorts and panties I step inside. The stream of warm water meeting my sore muscles from sitting still for so long.

After my shower I step out to a clean bathroom I quickly dry off and change into a tee-shirt and sweats.

I wobble slowly down the stairs, something that had become extremely difficult since I couldn't see over my stomach. I go into the living room where Zayn is sat watching something on the television.

"We should paint the mold." I sit down on the couch with a huff carrying around all this extra weight is exhausting.

Zayn not taking his eyes off the screen nods.

After we watch the rest of the episode he goes upstairs to get the mold and paint.

I feel a strong kick, I wince "woah, Kaia that was a strong kick," I coo pulling my shirt up rubbing my belly.

Zayn comes back into the living room after taking all the stuff outside.

"Is she kicking?" He ask kneeling in front of me as I nod.

We watch my belly in anticipation waiting for her to kick. I feel her kick as Zayn smiles when he feels her too.

"I can see her foot!" He exclaims as her foot presses against my stomach.

We watch her kick a bit more and then we go outside on the deck where the mold is sat on the table with different colors of paint.

We decide to paint a beach with a sunset having a pointless conversation and corny jokes mixed with laughter.

It soon turned into a paint war while we waited on it to dry so we could paint her name across it.

I scoop up blue paint and swipe it across his face I was already covered in mixture of colors whereas he was mostly clean because I couldn't stop laughing to get him back.

Soon my laughter is cut when I feel a gush of wetness seep through my sweatpants. My eyes widen as I look up Zayn who is going pale and frozen in place.

"Zayn, We need to go to the hospital."