Part 4

One day on the period right before lunch, the teacher let us out 5 minutes early. I was taking the time to roam around the school, when I stumbled into a hallway that I had never been in. I think it was the art building because the walls were covered in some beautiful art work that was done by students. I had wanted to take an art class but my dad didn't let me.  He didn't think it was a good use of my time. I was following this one panoramic ones, when I continued around the corner.

That's when I saw her. The girl with the golden hair and easy smile, that I was definitely falling for, being pinned against the walk by some guy. He was kissing her neck and her head was thrown back with her eyes closed. She had her arms wrapped loosely around him.

I was frozen to where I was in shock. I thought she liked girls. I thought she had a girlfriend. I thought she was starting to like me back. Before I could turn around and run like I knew I should, the bell rang and her eyes sprung open and immediately fell onto mine.

I started to back away slowly, until I saw her move practically shoving the guy off of her and she opened her mouth to speak. I ran away before she could say anything.  I think she tried to chase after me but I was one of the fastest one the teams.

She didn't owe me any explanation I wasn't her girlfriend. She wasn't mine. I skipped the rest of my classes, I headed out to the parking lot and drove off to my diner. I sat there barley picking at some fries for the rest of the school day. I knew I had to go to practice though, coach would kill me if I missed it because we have our first home game the next day.

I quickly made my way through practice. My heart was definitely not in it today. Especially when I saw a certain blonde walk past the field with another girl. There was still about 30 minutes of practice left when  Alex came into a tackle hard and I fell to the ground hard. I was done. I got up grabbed my stuff from the bench and headed to the locker room.

Coach let me go having enough trust in me to know I would make up for it, but what I obviously didn't expect, considering right after making it into the locker room I fell to the ground crying, was an arm to go around me.

I looked up to see Lys sitting next to me on one side and Ali on the other. For some reason them being here made me cry even harder. Lys pulled me into her side and I wrappeod my hands around her waist. And just cried into her.  They let me cry for a while.

"What's wrong Chris? Alex didn't hurt you did she? She doesn't mean it she is just really aggressive on the field now. " Ali asked

"No Alex didn't hurt me."

"Then what's wrong?"  I didn't know if I wanted to open up to them yet, and by the time I decided I could talk to them the other girls came into the locker room. I hurriedly got up and jumped in the shower. Making sure to clean my tear stained face. After finishing my shower I headed back to get change. Ali and Alyssa were already showered and changed and were waiting by my locker.

Knowing at this point they wouldn't give up until I told them what happened. I quickly put on my clothes.

"You guys want to come to my house tonight?" I asked them.

"Your house?" Ali asked shocked. I haven't had anyone to my house yet, and I knew everyone has been curious to see it after they saw what my car looked like.

"Yes would you guys like to spend the night at my house?" I repeated. I wanted to talk and I hated sleeping in that house by myself.

"Yeah sure." Alyssa quickly agreed with a smile.

"Yeah okay. Can I bring Ashlyn?" Ali asked hopeful.